General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Stop Touting AC Delco when Delphi MAKES the part

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 05:45 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about
Default Stop Touting AC Delco when Delphi MAKES the part

I'm becoming increasingly irritated when people that admittedly dont know any better promote AC Delco Fuel pumps over Delphi. Delphi MADE the OE fuel pump. AC Delco didnt.. Ac Delco just sold them aftermarket.
I am not sure Delphi still makes them {why.. yes they do!}
http://delphi.com/manufacturers/auto.../fuelhandling/

but I'm pretty damn sure AC D doesnt.

I'm not saying you should pay more fro a Delphi than AC D.. if AC D is cheaper buy it. Just give them an even break.
Disclosure: I worked for several GM divisions that became Delphi.. so did many in my family.
Fortuanately they saw the writing on the wall and retired before GM split Delphi off. Good thing .. because the Governemnt and unions screwed Delphi salaried royally in the bail-out.

Support Delphi. WHEN you can get a quality product under that brand.

Delphi Salaried Retirees Association - Home

Last edited by pettyfog; 03-18-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:56 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by pettyfog
I'm becoming increasingly irritated when people that admittedly dont know any better promote AC Delco Fuel pumps over Delphi. Delphi MADE the OE fuel pump. AC Delco didnt.. Ac Delco just sold them aftermarket.
I am not sure Delphi still makes them but I'm pretty damn sure AC D doesnt.

I'm not saying you should pay more fro a Delphi than AC D.. if AC D is cheaper buy it. Just give them an even break.
Disclosure: I worked for several GM divisions that became Delphi.. so did many in my family.
Fortuanately they saw the writing on the wall and retired before GM split Delphi off. Good thing .. because the Governemnt and unions screwed Delphi salaried royally in the bail-out.

Support Delphi. WHEN you can get a quality product under that brand.

Delphi Salaried Retirees Association - Home
No offense to you or anyone else, but I never really cared for either brand. The way I see it, some brands make a certain product better than others. No brand makes every product better.

I know I'm about to get flamed because there are a lot of fanboys in here, but that's just how I feel.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:00 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

when i did mine i went with bosche...i like them and the pump has lifetime warranty to boot.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:20 PM
BF Veteran

Hey.. I dont mind. I wont put another ACD oil filter in any car. And we've had note of even one ACD Distributor cap bad. And I dont think I'll buy Delphi shocks, either. Worked in the shock plant a week, now they are made in France.
And I wouldnt get too high on Bosch either.. They screwed VW Passat buyer royally with bad coil-packs in Mid-00's. Their plat plugs suck, we all know that. Evidently O2's aint so good in GM cars either.
Havent heard much bad about Bosch injectors at least

So.. I'll just say Fuel pumps.. I'm a big Walbro fan but unless they tout test data at 60 lb pressures, not using them either. I'd personally go Denso over Bosch, too.
But if I dont feel like playing around I'll buy Delphi.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:57 PM
melliferal is on a distinguished road

I tend to buy OEM and/or manufacturer-recommended unless there's a very compelling reason not to. That's just my wont; YMMV. I think it's not as important to make sure you get the absolute best possible part as it is to make sure you avoid the absolute worst part.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:06 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by melliferal
I tend to buy OEM and/or manufacturer-recommended unless there's a very compelling reason not to. That's just my wont; YMMV. I think it's not as important to make sure you get the absolute best possible part as it is to make sure you avoid the absolute worst part.
I dont think you get the point, we sorta sidetracked.
Delphi IS the fuel pump oem, AC Delco resold it. We know Delphi makes fuel pumps. Pretty sure AC D doesnt make them. For most parts, to be safe, it's good idea to buy AC D who in turn usually buys from the OEM. Like many of their plugs are from NGK

Read this.. it'll help understand service parts classification as well
ACDelco Classifications

Old 03-18-2012, 08:49 PM
melliferal is on a distinguished road

No, I knew that. Just adding my two cents generally.