General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Strange findings! To me anyway.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 11:35 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road
Default Strange findings! To me anyway.

I know I should post in the tYre section but this will probably be of interest for those who do not usually browse the tech sections.

As a lot of you probably know, my tYres have always been flush with the flares, which probably add a further 2" to the width of the truck (1" each side)

Anyway, I went to have new tYres fitted today - Bridgestone Dueller 694's. Stock 235/70/15's are not available here so I now have the 235/75/15's. As expected, I had to trim the fender flares & a bit of the steel frame/bodywork to eliminate the tyre catching situation.

What was of interest, is that when the tyres came off, we found that my front rims were 7" wide & the rear were 8"!!!! ALL however, have the 4" back spacing. That kinda explains things, as I know the wheel track on Blazers is wider in front than the rear.

By the way, I've measured from lip to lip. If the measurement is between flanges then please read 6" & 7" respectively. I think it should actually be the inside measurement so it'll be 6 & 7 inch.

So at home I checked my spare set of rims & they are all 8" with 5" back spacing, so I'll fit the old tyres to these rims (still have 6 - 8mm tread) & flog them off on TradeMe. May still contemplate fitting used MUD TYRES if I can get some cheap & using them to go play in the mud!

And YES, Yes, yes here are the pics!!

foxxie, I think these are the same tyres as yours mate. We'll have to meet at Muriwai Beach on the next clear week-end.

Attached Thumbnails Strange findings! To me anyway.-p100.jpg   Strange findings! To me anyway.-p101.jpg   Strange findings! To me anyway.-p104.jpg   Strange findings! To me anyway.-p105.jpg   Strange findings! To me anyway.-p107-right.jpg  

Old 10-16-2009, 11:41 PM
BF Veteran

A few more pics!

Attached Thumbnails Strange findings! To me anyway.-p109.jpg   Strange findings! To me anyway.-p110.jpg   Strange findings! To me anyway.-p111.jpg   Strange findings! To me anyway.-p112.jpg   Strange findings! To me anyway.-p106.jpg  

Old 10-17-2009, 02:07 AM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

The tIres are looking good!! I'm surprised you had to trim for 235/75/R15's though. They must make those european/brazilian trucks funny, other than the steering wheel being on the wrong side

Old 10-17-2009, 03:47 AM
BF Veteran

I don't thibnk there's any Brazilian or European Blazer in our trucks. They would all be stock left hand drive imported from the USA.

The Blazers built for Japan seem to have been modified not only for right hand drive, but also to suit local requirement, trends & style required by the Japanese market.

Remember, the flares on my truck are bolt ons & fit over the flares you have on your own trucks & wrap in under the fender. Seems their market favoured wider flares. With these flares fitted they reduce the opening of the wheel arch/fender by the thickness of the plastic & a little bit.

The Japanese trucks still came with stock wheels, so mine clearly had aftermarket rims fitted.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:33 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I love how the Y in tIres is capitilized everytime you say it lol. Nice touch. Anyway, the new tires looks great. You need a set of mud ones though. I'd love to see your truck with more aggressive tires.

Old 10-17-2009, 06:49 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwiblazer
I don't thibnk there's any Brazilian or European Blazer in our trucks. They would all be stock left hand drive imported from the USA...
The Brazilian Blazers were assembled in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

Old 10-17-2009, 08:56 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sisk
I love how the Y in tIres is capitilized everytime you say it lol. Nice touch. Anyway, the new tires looks great. You need a set of mud ones though. I'd love to see your truck with more aggressive tires.
you beat me to it Sisk.

i agree with the "more agressive tires" line. don't get me wrong kiwi, they look great, but i think the Kumho Road Venture MT KL71's are gonna be great. decided to wait 'til Spring for these (not gonna drive on them in the Winter anyways). since funds are low, gotta prioritise.

Old 10-17-2009, 03:41 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Brazilian European, Japanese.. I wasn't sure what they were.

Old 10-17-2009, 04:03 PM
BF Veteran

Who cares? They're still Blazers! The same ... but different! LOL

Old 11-12-2009, 12:29 AM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by kiwiblazer
I know I should post in the tYre section but this will probably be of interest for those who do not usually browse the tech sections.

As a lot of you probably know, my tYres have always been flush with the flares, which probably add a further 2" to the width of the truck (1" each side)

Anyway, I went to have new tYres fitted today - Bridgestone Dueller 694's. Stock 235/70/15's are not available here so I now have the 235/75/15's. As expected, I had to trim the fender flares & a bit of the steel frame/bodywork to eliminate the tyre catching situation.

What was of interest, is that when the tyres came off, we found that my front rims were 7" wide & the rear were 8"!!!! ALL however, have the 4" back spacing. That kinda explains things, as I know the wheel track on Blazers is wider in front than the rear.

By the way, I've measured from lip to lip. If the measurement is between flanges then please read 6" & 7" respectively. I think it should actually be the inside measurement so it'll be 6 & 7 inch.

So at home I checked my spare set of rims & they are all 8" with 5" back spacing, so I'll fit the old tyres to these rims (still have 6 - 8mm tread) & flog them off on TradeMe. May still contemplate fitting used MUD TYRES if I can get some cheap & using them to go play in the mud!

And YES, Yes, yes here are the pics!!

foxxie, I think these are the same tyres as yours mate. We'll have to meet at Muriwai Beach on the next clear week-end.
Sorry Ken missed all this, they're a nice looking tyre & suit your truck. Mine are the Desert Duelers which ave a different tred pattern, do you find that you have a lift with out a lift with the higher wall tyre?LOL
Would be great to meet on the beach & sorry again.

Quick Reply: Strange findings! To me anyway.