General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Stuff we have pulled this winter

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 02:51 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough
Default Stuff we have pulled this winter

Today I got a Honda CRV awd (hi centered on the deep stuff), a 1st gen exploder dug in, and a freaking ESCALADE front wheels buried in snow drift!!! The last one made me feel good, couldnt get a photo it was just me and the other dude there... Too bad.

Little trucks un-sticking big trucks is great.

Old 01-17-2011, 03:15 PM
Starting Member
OILCOUNTRY is an unknown quantity at this point

I got myself a Civic yesterday...buried his front wheels and hi centered himself...

Old 01-17-2011, 05:07 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

i saw a newer mustang in the ditch near the city a few weeks ago, i drove by laughing lol

Old 01-17-2011, 05:27 PM
Starting Member
wheelhead4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by blazinloud
i saw a newer mustang in the ditch near the city a few weeks ago, i drove by laughing lol
I would of stopped an laughed than said everyone ok. 25 bucks gets you out.

Old 01-17-2011, 06:07 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

man i love hauling people out of holes/snow. something about a little 4 dr suv saving the day makes me smile.

Old 01-17-2011, 06:40 PM
Starting Member
OILCOUNTRY is an unknown quantity at this point

If driving by Cars in the ditch makes you smile you should be in Alberta at the moment...Cars every where!

Old 01-17-2011, 09:15 PM
Beginning Member
scanlojs is on a distinguished road

I save my friends pathfinder about twice a week.. he gets into some jams haha.
I'm embarrassed to say that i got stuck climbing a snowbank at school and had to get a yank from an explorer!

Old 01-17-2011, 11:22 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

man im so bummed. last year i did a ton of highway driving in the winter and towed out probably around 50 people!.
This year im sitting at.1...well..i would call it half! and ive been purposly taking the slippery streets when it snows!!! Everyone in this city is to impatient and doesnt wait by their car when its in the ditch, im so tempted just to tow one of them out so when they return they go..WHAAAAAAA!.......
As for my half a tow was an impala and the guy knew as much about driving a car as he did about a fine lady....i pull up and hes in the center median. so i ask, do you want a tow out? he goes, o ya sure that would be great (and you can put in the tone on that voice you could imagine). So i go ok im going to hook it up then i need you to put it in reverse and keep your wheels straight, to this i get the reply "were going out backwards" and i look at him and go......yes arent you used to that?...lol., well he puts it inreverse and backs up about 5 feet before i even got tension on the rope!!!!! he manages to get stuck going back over the curb!, because he wasnt going fast enough.........he was trying to go forwards and never once did it cross his mind that he could try to back out!. So i got my little yank as i pulled him over the curb... he had a flat tire so i said ya you blew out your tire, but your un stock. CYA (and i know he had no idea how to change that tire but im not doin it for him).

I think deep down inside he really knew he wasnt stuck he was just hoping to meet a cute tow truck driver!

Old 01-18-2011, 12:34 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

"Hell yeah!, you good'n stuck. Why don't you saddle on up in here an' warm up..." *evil grin*

Old 01-18-2011, 12:43 AM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

Every saturday night i stay up at the mountain because im a ski instructor, so every night i drive around with my tow rope pulling people out of the parking lot after we get our 1 foot snow dumps. my most recent and prided pull out was a full size R.V. that buried its back end in the foot of slushy snow when trying to pull out of its spot. I locked her in 4Lo so it wasnt so hard on the tranny and yanked it right out. and i was in about half a foot of slush.

Quick Reply: Stuff we have pulled this winter