General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

stupid door panel

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 09:37 PM
matt92 is on a distinguished road
Default stupid door panel

the two screws that secure the middle of the door, under the handle, have broken the plastic on the door panel itself, and the clips dont seem to be holding up very well, i need some hearty clips!! you guys know any good ones? or how do fix the screws under the handle?

Old 02-06-2011, 09:51 PM
Chevy33 is on a distinguished road
Default Salvage yard

Go find a replacement at a salvage yard. Bring the tools you need to remove the panel at home to the yard and pull out what you need.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:25 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

hahahahaha ive been fighting with this for months myself!

what i did for a temp fix was put washers in there. drivers side is still holding up, but pass. comes loose sometimes.

what ive been thinking about is that repair putty you can buy now, on the package it says it can be drilled, sanded, grinded. shows it repairing coffee cups and masonry, holes in copper pipe etc.

its puttied epoxy, form yourself a little bracket, where the old one was, and drill a hole through it. im gonna give it a try if it comes loose again.

and if you want an easier to do, but not on the eyes way around it. bolt it to the metal inner frame of the door.

Old 02-07-2011, 12:24 PM
01vortec is an unknown quantity at this point

i had this happen, i took the panel off, and epoxied large washers to the door panel itself, where the bolts hold the panel to the door. Use alot of epoxy and you will be good. I did this almost a year ago and have taken the panel off a dozen times and it hasn't broken.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:02 PM

hell yea! thats exactly what i wanted to hear. Ive got myself a project this weekend :P

Old 02-08-2011, 09:15 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I'd screw the panel in...those stupid christmas tree clips are useless. I can't believe GM used them so much for interior parts. They were garbage.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:24 AM

The christmas tree clips work good, but they are one time use. You need to replace them every time you remove the panel otherwise it will fit loosly.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:02 AM

i bought brand new ones, and they still fit loose for the first time. Im going to use some of the epoxy this weekend. and if i ever need to get into the panel again, that will be a challenge itself. on the other hand, im high jacking my own thread. Im hopefully starting a sbc 350 build this weekend.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:36 PM

if you do what i said and use new christmas tree clips you can still remove the door panel like you normally could, you just wont break the plastic where the handle bolts to the door anymore.

You said they fit loose, did you buy the right ones? theres a couple different kinds. I have never had them fit loose before.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:39 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

on the door skin topic, has anyone cut the speaker grills out? id like to do that

Quick Reply: stupid door panel