General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Stupid Tires!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 10:20 PM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about
Default Stupid Tires!!!

GRRRR! I got a flat on my blazer today...this has got to be the 5th time I've had to change out the stinking tire! Literally 5 times now...I have never owned a vehicle that got so many flats...(of course none of my other vehicles spent much time in the mud) My next truck will NOT have the spare underneath the vehicle!!!! There is no way to get it out with out covering yourself with dirt/mud/salt or whatever...I will never own another under the frame spare vehicle....there...I'm done...stupid tire....[:@]

Old 12-20-2007, 10:23 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Stupid Tires!!!

[sm=rant.gif]

Feel better now? I never like the spare underneath either, so many things can happen to it under there. Plus it gets just as much weathering as the tires touching the road b/c it's exposed to the same elements.

Old 12-20-2007, 10:25 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

i hate to hear that, i think its a stupid palce to put it and usually happens when you are dressed in nice clothes and are running late and you have to crawl under it to get it out, i always carried my spare in the back of my truck and now mine is inside with me, but i dont lke where mine is now is causes a terrible blind spot

Old 12-20-2007, 10:45 PM
BF Veteran

lol yeah I feel better now....too bad the cable doesn't come down on an angle and present the tire to you on the other side of the bumper! Maybe I should invent a tire changing outfit....one that fits with the jack...throw it over...no grease or dirt...hmmmmm

Old 12-20-2007, 10:56 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

I want partnership rights on the copyright!

Old 12-20-2007, 10:59 PM
95_4door is an unknown quantity at this point

They make real thin coveralls that I have in my truck. They work great so you don't get dirty when you don't want to.

Old 12-20-2007, 11:05 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Yea, after the first time I had to change my tire in the rain at night...I moved it to my roof rack. Although I am a little concerned if anyone besides myself (ie the girlfriend) is driving the blazer and gets the flat, they won't be able to get the tire down. Thats alot of weight to move around above your head.

Old 12-21-2007, 08:50 AM

you even just et a cheap poncho and put it in your glove box for a case like this

i think its funny when i see a huge truck rolling on like 40's and they have their spare on the roof. how the hell are the going to get it down and get the flat up there. i can see it possible on your blazer but much higher and it could get really hard

Old 12-21-2007, 09:11 AM
BF Veteran

na...the tire on top isn't hard at all...they make steps for your tire....or as I do when loading my canoe on my roof...I just open up my driverside rear door (gotta love the 4 doors) I use the wheel hump and the door handle so I can access the roof rack to secure my boat on my rack..it's super easy! That's one of the things that I was looking for when I was deciding on a vehicle...the ability to load stuff on top...I couldn't keep my spare on top because I am allways loading canoes and such...

or if you are concerned about your girlfriend...have her call for roadside assistance....or better yet...teach her how to change it!

Old 12-21-2007, 09:39 AM

you sound like a guy i work w/ paddle grl. he bought a new car about a year ago but his requirements were that he had to be able to fit 2 kyacks on top and he wanted to be able to load them with out using a ladder or having to cral around on it to secure them. he ended up w/ a focus station wagon w/ a roof rack w/ a special piece on it that is made for hauling kyacks

Quick Reply: Stupid Tires!!!