General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Swissing airbox

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 06:23 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spectreblazer
double post kyle.lol

my point is like you said it allows hot air in. and also leaves more room for other things to get in.

pic was just to show an example of water getting in.
Yep, forum troubles again. Thanks for pointing that out.

But more and more, I feel that you respond with the first thing that pops into your head for the sole purpose of padding your inflated post count. You made no attempt to provide a point...

But that wasn't your point at all because you had no point. You just posted an image... Really, a picture with no explanation... Just dumb. Show some effort to actually put down meaningful posts with some accurate content would ya.

And obviously, if you submerge the entire air cleaner, you will suck water into the motor. Even you could figure that out.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:27 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Yep, forum troubles again. Thanks for pointing that out.

But more and more, I feel that you respond with the first thing that pops into your head for the sole purpose of padding your inflated post count. You made no attempt to provide a point...

But that wasn't your point at all because you had no point. You just posted an image... Really, a picture with no explanation... Just dumb. Show some effort to actually put down meaningful posts with some accurate content would ya.

And obviously, if you submerge the entire air cleaner, you will suck water into the motor. Even you could figure that out.
each to his own....

and i try to add information that i believe needs to be said or thought about/or considered, isn't that what a forums for? to get different opions from other people across the land?, i didn't know i had to explain a picture of a k5 in water,(kinda self explanatory)

*guy thought he could make it through the water, well he didn't

and yes submerging an engine in water is gonna get in whether it has a swiss cheese air box or stock, just over exagerating the point.

fun fact: an engine can run on just water, it just the btu rating isn't as high as gasoline/diesel-according to mythbusters

Last edited by Spectreblazer; 02-25-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:50 PM
99blaz is on a distinguished road

Well I don't think hes gonna go crossing any river in his 2wd blazer so he should be fine

Old 02-25-2010, 07:10 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

easier to pull water in now too,
i guess but only if you sink it...

*looks at picture of k5ubmarine*

What exactly is your point?

my point is like you said it allows hot air in
wait... where were you trying to say that....

EVERYTHING SAID IN THE POST
AMEN!

*random tap-dancing and skirting of things said followed by*
fun fact: an engine can run on just water, it just the btu rating isn't as high as gasoline/diesel
BTU rating? Water?!? WTF? BTU is a heat rating!!!!!! "BTU is the amount of heat energy needed to raise the temperature of one pound of water by one degree F OMFG
Here's another fun fact: Water isn't combustable so in an internal-combustion engine it = does nothing.
Funner Fact: It's not compressable either hence the bad things it does in an engine.....

Originally Posted by 99blaz
Well I don't think hes gonna go crossing any river in his 2wd blazer so he should be fine
^5 99blaz good looking out!

Seriously Spectre, dude, this happens almost daily now. I believe (imho) that it should be (fairly) obvious by now (omg at least a week straight!) that when you say (just fire off) things they come across as though you have little to no idea WTF you are trying to say...

I can see Kyle's patience wearing thin. How can you miss it?!@ Hell even other members jump in and say things like "OMFG WHAT!>?!"

Don't get me wrong, I have been confused and given bad advice, I have linked bad threads, I have exposed myself as clearly not knowing my *** from a bowtie'd hole in the ground. It happens. I go on to make my point clearer, OR admit in the face of overwhelming opposing info, that I am, in fact, wrong. It happens...

You seem to be blinded to the fact that you just spray blazer words at people. Very little is helpfull . i am not trying to be mean, but good lord, everyone knows your secret identity is Cpt. Obvious!

PLEASE: take a little time to form a coherent post THEN post it. I post tons of crap that isn't helpful using sarcasm, but i never try to deliberetly mislead folks. You do, but not in a malicious way.... the way you say with 100% ****-sure confidence that simple things like "T-bar cranks DO NOT change camber" when in fact they screw camber all over the place and require an alignment to correct, you can cause harm man!

If you are unsure, dont post. If you think you remember seeing/reading something helpful, LINK TO IT! or say something like i think this thing goes like this BUT i might be wrong.... at least give the benefit of the G D doubt.

Multi-Quote FTW!

Back On Topic: Pic of Swiss Box Please!

Last edited by ABN31B; 02-25-2010 at 07:19 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:20 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

"keys are still going to crank the t-bars all they do is make sure the bars are exactly cranked the same on each side. they do not change the camber offset caused by cranking them. you're still going to be wearing the cv joints and the balljoints at an accelarated rate. as long as you don't go past 1.5" on the t-bar you should be allright. look into the how to t-bar crank thread"

the chamber is gonna be changed whether you use keys or not, thats what i was trying to say, i know it was worded weird

back on topic:

Old 02-25-2010, 07:29 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Ooookay.

Well, hopefully the OP didn't just get power drill happy and put holes all over the place.

Old 02-25-2010, 07:31 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

kay bak on topik:

have you considered putting small bits of screen material INSIDE the newly swissed air box, over the holes, to keep the chunckier bits from floating in there? might buy a bit more life between cleanings of the filter.

Old 02-25-2010, 08:22 PM
Beginning Member
Blazerboy1611 is on a distinguished road

put the holes right next to the factory hole so should be fine with engine heat. And i am not worried about anything getting in there i dont participate in any offroading.(ALL STREET) Just lookin for some noise. MAde a nice little sound.

Gonna put some more holes tommarow. (my drill ran out of juice!) only put about 4- 1'1/4 holes so not much engibne heat.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:03 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Best bet is to use a deck plate:

Deck plates are for boats, theyre real cheap, they look very clean, and you can just screw the plate back into the opening if you are concerned about water crossings...or selling...or noise...or whatever reason you want to reverse the "swiss" process.

I was going to go this route, but then just got an entire intake

Old 02-25-2010, 10:44 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

i did (kinda) the same thing awhile ago (think it was between Christmas/New Years).

i just removed that stupid restrictive funnel they call an ait inlet, and opened up the front as big as it could go. when it gets warmer, i'm gonna put a nice rolled lip (a bigger funnel) on it, smooth out the air flow.

didn't think of posting anything up on it, figured Curtis would rag on the idea of moding a factory air box, while secretly bugging for pic's so he could copy it.

wait..............isn't that what he's doin' right now?

Quick Reply: Swissing airbox