General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Sylvania silver star lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 03:39 PM
Beginning Member
Gary99 is on a distinguished road
Default Sylvania silver star lights

Thinking of putting as set of these lights in a 99 balzer. Are they as good as advertised or does amybody know of a more powerful type light with the bluish tint to it?

Old 02-27-2010, 04:34 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

I have the Silver Star Ultras and like them, but they do not have a blue tint to them. Why do you want that?

Old 02-27-2010, 05:26 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Gary99
Thinking of putting as set of these lights in a 99 balzer. Are they as good as advertised or does amybody know of a more powerful type light with the bluish tint to it?
Yes they're bright
No there isn't a tint
Keep the receipt because they tend to burn out within a year
& for the price of them you can get 8000K HID's from one of our sponsers in here "HIDxtra"
& possibly have enough left over for a case of beer AND HIDxtra has a 2 year warrenty & customer service has been great in here.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:45 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rottidog
...Keep the receipt because they tend to burn out within a year...
Not in my experience, but...

Old 02-27-2010, 09:03 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by rriddle3
Not in my experience, but...
Someone must actually use the grease... lolz.... But I heard bad news if you dont get enough grease on em...

Old 02-27-2010, 09:24 PM
BF Guru

Uhmm, what grease? If you're talking about dielectric grease, it isn't required on bulb connections.

Old 02-27-2010, 09:28 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by rriddle3
Uhmm, what grease? If you're talking about dielectric grease, it isn't required on bulb connections.
I could have sworn it was.....

Old 02-28-2010, 12:00 AM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

lol the connections are PNP or should be, no dielectric grease needed
I have a friend that has the Sylvanias & yeah they were toasted inside a year
but, go to HID's

side note:. any electrical connection that could be 'weathered' it's not a bad idea to put some dielectric grease in there, a dab or 2 .... it's not going to hurt

BTW... wheres the OP?

Last edited by Rottidog; 02-28-2010 at 12:01 AM. Reason: BTW
Old 02-28-2010, 12:09 AM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by Rottidog
...I have a friend that has the Sylvanias & yeah they were toasted inside a year...
I wonder how many of these incidents are caused by people handling the bulb glass and then not removing the skin oil fom them. This is a well known way to get a halogen bulb to burn out early.

Old 02-28-2010, 07:25 AM
Beginning Member
Gary99 is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys for the lowdown on the silver star lights.
I just ordered the HID conversion kit for $60.00. Got the low beam 6000k.
Going to see how they work out and maybe then order the hi beams.

Quick Reply: Sylvania silver star lights