General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

thanks , sarcastic font required

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 02:47 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough
Default thanks , sarcastic font required

we were over at friends a couple weeks ago and my wife blurts out
"dont take your SUV to a garage for brakes , that I will do them, they just pay for the parts "
The front brakes turned into brakes plus driving/fog light bulbs

Access to the bulbs was more than a PIA
Probably more than a hour to access and change ,all on my back in the driveway

Now to thank my wife for telling them I could do it

Old 05-26-2013, 08:57 PM
sickman420 is on a distinguished road

Smack the bitch. That's what I do. Then I make her hand me wrenches and beer while I lay under the car. Not really, though, I just pretend.

Old 05-26-2013, 08:57 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

My girlfriend does this same thing sometimes, then the person asks me about it, and i say "no"

Old 05-27-2013, 02:07 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

I don't mind working on peoples cars. Heck, I just got done replacing the oil filter housing gasket on a friend of mines F-150. Now, me volunteering myself is one thing. Having your wife/girlfriend volun-tell-ing you is something different.

Old 05-27-2013, 02:21 PM
WitchingHour is an unknown quantity at this point

I turn wrenches all day at work. I really don't feel like doing it on my off-time - least of all, for other people. The last time I did, we pulled a transmission off of an 87 Silverado in order to replace the clutch plate and pressure plate. He actually mounted them, and I should've checked to see if they were on correctly. As it turns out, the clutch plate was mounted backwards, so we had to do it all over again. I think that's the last time I was willing to do mechanical work as a favor for someone else.

Old 05-27-2013, 04:15 PM

he kept saying "your going to kill your wife for volunteering you" LOL

Old 05-27-2013, 04:26 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by WitchingHour
I turn wrenches all day at work. I really don't feel like doing it on my off-time - least of all, for other people. The last time I did, we pulled a transmission off of an 87 Silverado in order to replace the clutch plate and pressure plate. He actually mounted them, and I should've checked to see if they were on correctly. As it turns out, the clutch plate was mounted backwards, so we had to do it all over again. I think that's the last time I was willing to do mechanical work as a favor for someone else.
I`m a janitor at work, I dont clean at home, **** it

Old 05-27-2013, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by newguy
I`m a janitor at work, I dont clean at home, **** it
Well if I was a gynecologist, I would still ....

Old 05-27-2013, 05:05 PM
Starting Member
ol' grouch is on a distinguished road

I get asked from time to time. I tell them I'll put them in line. Right now, a friends '55 Tbird is waiting for shippment. Then my Focus gets brakes and shocks, then my Blazer gets the intake fixed, then my Camaro needs some major work. After that.....sure.

Old 05-27-2013, 11:03 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by WitchingHour
you and me both. i hate side jobs cause nothing ever works, you can be doing something as simple as front brakes then the caliper goes back then the rubber line brakes, then the metal line brakes etc, nothing is ever easy. everyone always needs their car that night too which always sucks. if they could leave it for at least a day i might consider it but yeah i stray from side work if i can help it

Quick Reply: thanks , sarcastic font required