General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Thinking of selling, wondering what people think it's worth.

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 09:48 PM
Beginning Member
ZR2Winnebago is on a distinguished road
Default Thinking of selling, wondering what people think it's worth.

This is my truck. I'm thinking about selling it but, kinda wondering what people think it's worth from the place the know these trucks. Below is it's history. Don't worry about offending me. It's not pretty but, it runs like a champ and I'm not adverse to just keeping it and running it in the winter. Thanks.

Basics (Factory Options):
-4.3l V6
-4L60E Trans (Rebuilt 20k ago by A&A transmission on Forest Home, built to tow)
-3.73 Limited Slip Rear End
-A/C (inop, needs Evaporator coil)
-Rear Defrost ( elements will need repair )
-CD/Cassette deck
-Power Drivers Seat
-Engine Block Heater
-Moon Roof
-Power Windows and Locks
-Power Windows and Locks
-Power Mirrors (inop)
-Tilt Steering and Cruise Control
-Overhead Console with Temp and Compass
-Rear Window Wiper (inop)
-AutoTrac 4 Wheel Drive
-201K on odometer

What's Been Done:
-Rebuilt Trans
-4 New tires (less than 20k, Hankook Dynapro RF10)
-New 2 core Radiator (last fall, lifetime warranty)
-New Delphi fuel pump (May, 2013)
-Replaced upper and lower manifold gaskets (Spring, 2012, Felpro)
-Pitman Arm, Idler Arm, Inner and Outer Tie Rod Ends, Front end Alignment. (Fall 2012, parts by Moog, Service by F&F tire on Rawson)
-Egr Valve, Fuel Relief Valve, Fuel Breather Valve, (Fall 2012, GM)
-New Windsheild (Summer 2012)
-Front rotors, pads, and hub bearing. (fall 2008, 40k ago, Autozone)
-Rear axle seals, outer wheel bearings, pads, rotors, calipers. (April 2013, seals and bearings are GM, rest is Autozone)
-Battery and Alternator ( Dec. 2012, Batt is Farm and Fleet Gold, Alt is autozone)
-Valley Class V 2in receiver
-Doors replaced (From '97 Bravada, Fall 2012)

What it will need:
-New Shocks (original to the truck but, does not affect driveability. Bushings are gone in right rear so it rattles over bumps)
-Idler pulley (sqeaks)
-Exhaust flange donut (leaks, typical 4.3 sound)
-Sheet metal repair behind both doors in front of wheels (wisconsin rust)
-Interior Cleaning (Truck has been smoked in and there are some stains in rear cargo area)

Misc:
-Passed Wisconsin Emissions with Flying colors (April, 2013)
-ABS is Fully Functional
-4 wheel drive is Fully Functional
-No Malfuntion indicator lights are on
-Clean and Clear Title in hand

History:
Bought new in Minnesota. Sold used to Tomah, WI. I purchased in 2008 and brought it here. No Major Accidents that I am aware of nor have I seen any indication of. Previous owner did hit something that necessitated the replacement of the right headlight, directional lens, and grill.

Attached Thumbnails Thinking of selling, wondering what people think it's worth.-0920131711.jpg   Thinking of selling, wondering what people think it's worth.-0920131711a.jpg   Thinking of selling, wondering what people think it's worth.-0920131714a.jpg   Thinking of selling, wondering what people think it's worth.-0920131714b.jpg   Thinking of selling, wondering what people think it's worth.-0920131718.jpg  

Old 12-18-2013, 09:55 PM
KM346 will become famous soon enough

Being a ZR2 makes it interesting but FWIW I recently sold my 97 Jimmy (non-ZR2/highrider) that was in slightly better condition with a similar repair list and rebuilt engine with all receipts and 180K on the body for $1,800... Id say real world you're looking at about $1,500 to the right buyer.

Last edited by KM346; 12-18-2013 at 09:57 PM.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:18 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks for the honesty. Helps me to make some decisions.

Old 12-20-2013, 10:51 AM
dirt101 is on a distinguished road

I was thinking about $1400 actual sell price. 3000 got me a 100k zr2 with minimal issues. no rust anywhere.

Old 12-20-2013, 01:19 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

yeah im kinda agreeing. maybe throw 2-2500 on it and see if anyone throws you a bone.

Old 12-21-2013, 10:58 AM
Beginning Member

best bone I got was $1200. Trans work alone cost more than that. And that was just a basic rebuild with a little tweaking. Being that I live where they use salt, I've decided to use it as a winter vehicle and save the new truck. I'll run it until I wear out the tires or blow then engine and then part it out. It appears that it is now worth more dead then alive.

Old 12-21-2013, 01:45 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

With cars, as everyone knows, Yeah the trans work cost more than that alone, but you will NEVER get what you put into a car, ever..

Old 12-21-2013, 08:56 PM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough

Its kinda sad that a person can dump loads of money into these vehicles and still be on the back side of a profit....example I own a 2000 GMC Envoy top of the line as far as options go..
Then installed a $2200 lift $1200 in tires and wheels .tons of mods...in great shape...and still not worth the price of the lift installed...just sad

Old 12-21-2013, 09:00 PM
Starting Member
Badco is on a distinguished road

I'd say the condition of the body you're talking like 700 to your average joe. Kick some of that rust off, and bondo it, you should be able to clear 1300. Nobody wants to see rusty rockers. Especially where you have a lot of salt... once it gets in there, it's like sheet metal termites.

Old 12-21-2013, 09:55 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by okiedoak20
Its kinda sad that a person can dump loads of money into these vehicles and still be on the back side of a profit....example I own a 2000 GMC Envoy top of the line as far as options go..
Then installed a $2200 lift $1200 in tires and wheels .tons of mods...in great shape...and still not worth the price of the lift installed...just sad
Thats how it goes. Like new cars. The second it leaves the dealership the value plummets

Quick Reply: Thinking of selling, wondering what people think it's worth.