General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Tintz

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 10:18 PM
03blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tintz

I tinted my windows today on my truck, Plan on washing it tomorrow then ill get some pix and post em. I put 35% tint on the front windows. i think it looks good.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:23 PM
Zasder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Tintz

Nice!

I wish i could tint mine, but NY has some law thing that says hey you put tints on your front window and we are sticking our foot up your a$$!!

but in other words...

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 04-18-2008, 05:45 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Jersey has the same stupid gay law..lol..

Old 04-18-2008, 11:32 AM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

wisconsin u can technically only go 50% up front but they let 35% go.

what kinda tint did u use?

Old 04-18-2008, 01:57 PM
Jigg is an unknown quantity at this point

That's awesome!

We can go 35% here in MA, which is what i have on my truck. It actually registers 28% on the meter, but whatever.

Old 04-18-2008, 04:33 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Man I feel lucky. I'm hoping to tint mine within the next few weeks. Everything I have found online says that Texas allows 25%on the front windows and as dark as you want on the rear windows.

Jigg, What kind of meter do you use to test it? My front windows have somethin like 75% factory tint on them. All the tint shops in the area say its fine to tint over them. The only problem I have had is trying to figure out how dark I need to put on in order to make it 25%.

I'm planning on 10% on the back windows. That combined with the already dark factory tint will make it VERY dark

Old 04-18-2008, 04:58 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

matt r u gunna do the tinting ur self?

Old 04-18-2008, 05:06 PM
Jigg is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm fairly sure the tint on the front windows is 80%... which is why mine registers at 28%. 35% x .8 =28%.

The meter mine was measured with was at the gas station i got my truck inspected at. Not sure what type.

Old 04-18-2008, 05:29 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

ORIGINAL: Jigg

I'm fairly sure the tint on the front windows is 80%... which is why mine registers at 28%. 35% x .8 =28%.

The meter mine was measured with was at the gas station i got my truck inspected at. Not sure what type.
I don't remeber exactly what it is. My drivers side window had a little sticker on it and im pretty sure it said 70 or 75%.However, my truck got broken into a few weeks ago and my new window doesn't have that sticker on it (but it's still tinted to match the passenger side window)

Judging by your math, 30% on top of factory would give me 24% and 10% on the back on top of 35% (I think thats what the rear is) would give me 3.5%... I may need to rethink that, I'm not sure if I want it that dark

If anyone knows the EXACT %'s on the factory tint, that would help me a lot. I don't know if there were variations between years but if it makes any difference, I have 1998 LT.

ORIGINAL: 94blueknight

matt r u gunna do the tinting ur self?
I'm planning on it. If, after one or two windows and it looks bad, I may end up taking it to a nearby tint shop. They use Llumar tint (one of the better brands) and they guarantee it not to fade or turn purple or bubble. All for $200. As dark as I want.

Old 04-18-2008, 05:39 PM
03blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

pix r alil bit, sorry. truck needs cleaning. lemme kno what you think of the tint =)