General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

tomoro should be a funday

Old 01-09-2012, 08:24 PM
Beginning Member
itsmejonnyb is on a distinguished road
Default tomoro should be a funday

replacing water pump, spark plugs, oil cooler adapter gasket and seal, another oil change, fully degreasing everything I started last week so I don't have too much left to do, painting some things underneath like the inside frame rails cross members and things just to make it look a little fresher only 205,000 miles on it now it looks a little neglected, also hoping to polish and wax the exterior and detail the interior haven't done for awhile now, I wanted to wire in some led's also under the dash for the floor lights by your feet in the front and also for the rear that tie into the existing wire so i wouldn't have to mess with switches or anything like that but that can wait for another day my kitchen table is full of everything i need to try and accomplish in a day thought i would take a picture should be interesting to see how it goes

Attached Thumbnails tomoro should be a funday-my-tuesday.jpg  
Old 01-09-2012, 08:53 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

nice undertaking. video montage ftw.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Starting Member
Gale is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by itsmejonnyb
replacing water pump, spark plugs, oil cooler adapter gasket and seal, another oil change, fully degreasing everything I started last week so I don't have too much left to do, painting some things underneath like the inside frame rails cross members and things just to make it look a little fresher only 205,000 miles on it now it looks a little neglected, also hoping to polish and wax the exterior and detail the interior haven't done for awhile now, I wanted to wire in some led's also under the dash for the floor lights by your feet in the front and also for the rear that tie into the existing wire so i wouldn't have to mess with switches or anything like that but that can wait for another day my kitchen table is full of everything i need to try and accomplish in a day thought i would take a picture should be interesting to see how it goes
Sounds like a full day. Are you replacing the short 90 degree coolant hose that connects to the water pump?

What is the service life history on the radiator and thermostat?

Is your water pump leaking or making noise yet? On the 2002 we replaced ours while it was still good when replacing the intake manifold gasket set at about 170K miles. We just replaced the one on the 1998 119K engine we just installed into the S10 because it was so easy to do while it was mounted to the engine stand and only cost $65.

Was just wondering what they tend to do do when they fail?

Old 01-09-2012, 10:02 PM
Beginning Member
itsmejonnyb is on a distinguished road

gale-
i dont think illbe replacinganyhoses my lower radiator hose is new and my heater core hose still looks it wouldn't be a bad time to replace it though. My thermostat is almost brand new i replaced it a few weeks ago when i had to get a new heater core my coolant had gotten all gunked up from the prestone coolant so i figured while i was flushing the system and had the thermostat out id replace it. my radiator is acouple years old and it had gotten pretty gunked up but i have since flushed it as clean as it can get it actually took me a full day of flushing the system to get it completely cleaned im not sure of the age on the water pump but I know its been threw allot of abuse. when your water pump is going out one of the ways you'll know is that coolant will be leaking from a small hole on the water pump by the pully its a drain hole so that when your seal inside the water pump goes bad it doesnt just drown the bearing in coolant. but eventually your bearing will go out and start making nose.