General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

totaled my blazer, fell asleep driving to work :( (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 02:17 PM
Starting Member
gaspricessuckk is on a distinguished road
Default totaled my blazer, fell asleep driving to work :( (pics)

Two lane high way, went from the right lane, fell aslep, woke up on the left side of the high way, was able to yell oh **** no as the trucks front end got caught in the fence, and it lifted up and shot me out of the fence, spun me like 4 times, and i cam to rest in the middle of both lanes, facing the oncoming traffic with all my headlights ripped out and well as you will see in the pics.

i was bracing my self for a role, if i went 15 more feet with where the gaurd rail ends, i would of rolled. ty jesus.

Old 04-22-2010, 02:19 PM
Starting Member

Last edited by gaspricessuckk; 04-22-2010 at 02:51 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:08 PM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road

wow im sorry, that really really sucks, you managed to destroy it!! you going to part the rest of it out?

Old 04-22-2010, 04:26 PM
Starting Member
1997 red blazer is on a distinguished road

Man you are LUCKY, Things could have been a LOT WORSE. Glad you are OK. Time for another Blazer and transfer the good Parts over to the New Blazer HUH ? Keep us Informed ? T.J.

Old 04-22-2010, 06:55 PM
Beginning Member
GMC cousin is on a distinguished road

Man sorry about your Blazer. I'm assuming you were not hurt.

Old 04-22-2010, 06:59 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

At least you are alive and nobody else was hurt. Truck is replaceable. Glad you are ok.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:20 PM
Starting Member

Thanks everyone, and yes I am ok, I climbed out through my sun roof because my doors wouldn't open and I was facing on coming traffic with no headlights as you can see. my front license plate as 20 feet behind or well ahead of the truck in the median.

as for parting it out, don't think so, after the insurance guy comes, then i want to pull the intake, muffler tip, and maybe cd player, i pulled all my wires for my system, 12V and the rcas. took the six disk changer, my 2 L7 12's and L7 10" box and mtx sub out. its all clean in there.

looked at a 1999 jimmy today at the same place i bought my blazer, same exact thing on the inside, but slightly higher miles 103k and a grand more then the blazer.

more bad news though, my insurance company never put us as full coverage, so if they don;t change it, im screwed.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:24 PM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

It's always a sad event when somebody loses their ride but at least your still alive and okay.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:30 PM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by gaspricessuckk
Thanks everyone, and yes I am ok, I climbed out through my sun roof because my doors wouldn't open and I was facing on coming traffic with no headlights as you can see. my front license plate as 20 feet behind or well ahead of the truck in the median.

as for parting it out, don't think so, after the insurance guy comes, then i want to pull the intake, muffler tip, and maybe cd player, i pulled all my wires for my system, 12V and the rcas. took the six disk changer, my 2 L7 12's and L7 10" box and mtx sub out. its all clean in there.

looked at a 1999 jimmy today at the same place i bought my blazer, same exact thing on the inside, but slightly higher miles 103k and a grand more then the blazer.

more bad news though, my insurance company never put us as full coverage, so if they don;t change it, im screwed.
Perhaps time to hire an attorney. Don't be too quick to settle for fast money on injury. I felt fine after my wreck and only a little sore the next day but the day after I could barely move my back hurt so bad... so I'm glad I didn't settle on medical yet. A month later and my back is still sore from my wreck.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:32 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

I bet you were sick to your stomach while pulling out your wiring and such. I hope everything works out alright. I'll keep ya in my prayers. Yo need a vehicle to put that refurbished amp in! Hate to see that.

Quick Reply: totaled my blazer, fell asleep driving to work :( (pics)