General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Trade 1980 GMC for 2000 Blazer?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 10:55 PM
rodeofan5656 is on a distinguished road
Question Trade 1980 GMC for 2000 Blazer?

i currently have a 1980 GMC C3500 flatbed dually, i call it my Tank. the thing runs great! has a Goodwrench crate 350 in it, stock 4spd w/ granny low. this thing is a BEAST and will pull anythin! and i love it, i just cant afford 8mpg

so one of the guys i know real well, here in the small town of Douglass, KS (~1500 people, no stoplights, etc), has a 2000 Blazer LT 4WD he wants to trade straight across. its nothin special, just a plan "dirty grey" 4dr. this was originally his sister-in-laws truck (who i also know). they both drove alot on the highway with it, so it now has 232k miles. the motor was replaced and tranny rebuilt at 170k miles. fuel pump and filter were recently replaced on it. front tires are good, tho the rears could use replacin

my question is- do you think itd be a fair trade? im headed to college 150mi away and cant take my Tank all the way up there. i need somethin with good mpg, but is 4WD and i can put a slight lift on if i want.. all reponses and opinions greatly appreciated!

ill post pictures of the blazer later this week

Attached Thumbnails Trade 1980 GMC for 2000 Blazer?-111113_0001.jpg   Trade 1980 GMC for 2000 Blazer?-120430_0000.jpg  
Old 06-13-2012, 09:27 AM

well i can see this forum site was a waste of time. i was just wantin some advice. thanks for nothin guys

Old 06-13-2012, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

I don't understand why you say this forum is a waste of time. Maybe you should understand that people have things going on and may not have time to have an opinion on whether or not you should trade. You only posted two days ago give it some time!!! I think from what you have said it would be a good trade for you. I haven't seen either vehicle and don't really know anything about either vehicle so I think the best opinion is your own. Ask yourself if it will be a good fit for you as far as future needs, uses and plans for which type of vehicle you may need. You should see about double the mpgs with the blazer. There are a ton of options for a lift and a ton more mods that can be don't to make it your own. And your welcome for nothing

Old 06-13-2012, 11:05 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You really didn't give much to go on. The intended use of the vehicles is HUGE. If all you are going to be doing is bombing around a college town, are you really going to be feeling that 8MPGs much? Or are you going to be doing a lot of driving where the mileage will really be tugging on your wallet. If so, an S-series blazer with that kind of miles, highway or not, is going to get better mileage than the dually, but nothing spectacular by today's standards. If it gets 18mpg I would be surprised, but that would still be a huge improvement from 8.

Comparing an 80 1-ton Dually to a 2000 S-series Blazer is really difficult though. They're like apples & oranges. While they both might be classified as fruit, they are quite different and do vastly different things. It all comes down to your intended use. Define that and you might have a discussion on your hands. Leave a lot of details out and...crickets.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:25 PM
Beginning Member
fre1809 is on a distinguished road

If you are not mechanically inclined don't get the blazer.

Old 06-14-2012, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by rexmburns
I don't understand why you say this forum is a waste of time. Maybe you should understand that people have things going on and may not have time to have an opinion on whether or not you should trade. You only posted two days ago give it some time!!! I think from what you have said it would be a good trade for you. I haven't seen either vehicle and don't really know anything about either vehicle so I think the best opinion is your own. Ask yourself if it will be a good fit for you as far as future needs, uses and plans for which type of vehicle you may need. You should see about double the mpgs with the blazer. There are a ton of options for a lift and a ton more mods that can be don't to make it your own. And your welcome for nothing
ok, sorry about that comment. but with the other forum sites ive been on (3wheelerworld, xs400.com, etc.) id always get a response within the first 12 hours. guess im just impatient

one question about the blazer in your signature- thats about the height im gonna shoot for. what lifts and tires are you usin?

Old 06-15-2012, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by rodeofan5656
ok, sorry about that comment. but with the other forum sites ive been on (3wheelerworld, xs400.com, etc.) id always get a response within the first 12 hours. guess im just impatient

one question about the blazer in your signature- thats about the height im gonna shoot for. what lifts and tires are you usin?
I have about 2" of lift on it with shackles in the back and a t-bar crank with rough country upper control arms in the front. The tires in the sig are no longer on there but they are 31x10.5x15 on 15x8 rims. I have a ton of pics in my build thread and some with the new tires as well.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:54 PM

not sure if i can afford 31's right now. how does it look with the 235/75-15s on it? just wonderin

Old 06-20-2012, 06:55 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Looks like a stock blazer

Google stock chevy blazer

Old 06-21-2012, 09:07 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

Save the money and get the tires, heh. I cant wait to step up to 31s next time i get tires.

Quick Reply: Trade 1980 GMC for 2000 Blazer?