General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Trailblazer/Envoy vs Blazer/Jimmy

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 09:12 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Trailblazer/Envoy vs Blazer/Jimmy

The air compressor was only part of the optional auto-levelling rear suspension. It was never standard on any model, but it consisted of rear air shocks to add spring rate to the rear end.

On my Rainier, the air ride rear suspension is standard with an option to not have it. It actually has air bags on the back end instead of coil springs like the other GMT360/370 platform vehicles. I also have an air outlet in the side compartment in back and it came with a hose to fill small items... It would take forever to pump up a tire.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:29 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Yeah, it's not a very high speed compressor, lol.

The H2's have it as well... Though, it's not for levelling on those

Old 04-06-2008, 05:23 PM
Starting Member
JediKnight2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah...those compressors are CRAP...I have one in my Chevy Venture....SLOOooowwwww...but HEY..beats looking for the one I can never find when I need it...

Old 04-06-2008, 07:50 PM
4x4blazerguy is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: blznlowxtreme

i didnt realized that they made a trailblazer in our body styles till over the weekend when i saw one at the mall, and i was going to ask about it but i seen this post
We have owned both. I also have never heard of a prior 2002. They first appeared at the Baja 1000 in 2001 as a factory test. I have a friend that was at the Baja 1000 in 2001 and saw it. But I won't argue about it. The Trailblazer is a lot different than the Blazer. Bigger exterior, Bigger interior, lower, better ride. Completely different engine. I-6 275 HP @ 275 ft lbs of torque. Much faster than the 4.3 of the Blazer. They ALL have Auto Trak system. 4 wheel disc brakes with anti lock. If parts break way more expensive than a Blazer. Example: Fan Clutch was a common failure around 50,000+ miles, $450 fix. If you want to know about the TB go to trailvoy.com good forum, good people you can find anything you want to know about the TB. My personal thought is stay away from the 2002, a lot of problems with the First year. Ours was a 2004 & a good truck. I like the Blazer maybe better because it is more rugged for off-road. Less plastic hanging on the Blazer. I tore both the front & rear plastic off the Trailblazer. Also the TB has plastic roof racks with 100# rating. The Blazer has a metal with 200#.
Craig

Old 04-06-2008, 08:37 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

The Trailblazer is a completely different platform, too...

Old 04-06-2008, 10:39 PM
jphayes921 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have an 01 trailblazer sencond gen blazer no air compressor option but it has the little velcro compartment that I have no Idea what it would be used for.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:03 AM
Taymacjack is an unknown quantity at this point

any one got any pics?

Old 04-07-2008, 12:15 AM
4x4blazerguy is on a distinguished road

The name trailblazer may of been used on the Blazer, but the Trailblazer/Envoy of today is a completely different truck that first was introduced in 2002.

Old 04-07-2008, 06:32 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: Taymacjack

any one got any pics?
Pics of??

Old 04-07-2008, 09:45 AM
jphayes921 is an unknown quantity at this point

if you want pics of a new trailblazer look at a gm deal parking lot or google, and if you want pics of the old version look at a second gen blazer the only difference is the fancy leather interior and maybe the piece of gum that fell bellow my seat that disappeared into gum land....?

Quick Reply: Trailblazer/Envoy vs Blazer/Jimmy