General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

UMMMM YEAH....

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 02:10 AM
jwomack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UMMMM YEAH....

so anyway, yesterday i was working (work for pizza place) when i heard a noise that sounded somewhat like a blown tire. i was like okay, ill pull over and take a look. then i looked in my rearveiw mirro and seen smoke. as i shut the truck off got out and poped the hood i was like not this again.

(this was my 99 s10, not my blazer)

so i get out there get the hood open and no fire. i was like THANK GOD...i couldnt do that again. so im lookin around and oil is everywhere. i look down and a huge puttle is on the ground. so i clim under the frount of the truck and see that the whole frount half of the oil pan is gone...nothing there. well with more looking around i also notice that the #2 piston rod is also gone. but the piston is still there. so i busted a rod somehow and it maid its way out the bottom.

the truck never maid a negitve sound. or anything, just all of a suddon this happend. so it got towned to the shop and i should know more on monday...

Old 03-02-2008, 02:48 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: UMMMM YEAH....

Oh my god. That is the saddiest thing I've seen/heard since I heard about Boyd.

so it got towned to the shop and i should know more on monday...
You're not planning on rebuilding are you?

Old 03-02-2008, 05:41 AM

ORIGINAL: TheBrettster

Oh my god. That is the saddiest thing I've seen/heard since I heard about Boyd.

so it got towned to the shop and i should know more on monday...
You're not planning on rebuilding are you?
nope its going to get a new motor tho...

Old 03-02-2008, 09:24 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

This exact thing just happened to another member! Wow... That is odd.

Old 03-02-2008, 11:01 AM
Redmenhockey10 is an unknown quantity at this point

looks like she got a little hot in there

Old 03-02-2008, 12:39 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

wow ya that happend to drperry wonder if its a new "common" problem that will be happening.

Old 03-02-2008, 12:58 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Well whats your year, model, and mileage jwomack? We know drperry is an 04/05 right with like 60k?

Old 03-02-2008, 01:06 PM

ORIGINAL: WolfPack

Well whats your year, model, and mileage jwomack? We know drperry is an 04/05 right with like 60k?

its a 97,Blazer LS 4X4 @114,000

my dad thinks it was full of lucas when i bought the truck, and since i have changed the oil 3 times now. its gone and thats what happend. not sure...

i change the oil about ever 2500-2800 miles...and not 45 mins befor that, i got gas (filled up) and checked oil,trans fluid and all. so i know it had it all..the part of the oilpan with the plug in it was still there and the plug was still there. so that didnt leave. and the oil filter was also still there...

Old 03-02-2008, 01:13 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

hmm wow it shouldnt be that sensative to oil like that. depending on what kind of oil u put in. my dad is a mechanic and has seen many engines fail because of penzoil oil. not sayin everyone that uses penzoil their engine will blow but it could be a problem

Old 03-02-2008, 01:19 PM

ORIGINAL: 94blueknight

hmm wow it shouldnt be that sensative to oil like that. depending on what kind of oil u put in. my dad is a mechanic and has seen many engines fail because of penzoil oil. not sayin everyone that uses penzoil their engine will blow but it could be a problem
yeah my dad is/was also a mechanic and told me many years ago not to use penzoil. and i never have. i always use valvoline oil . i have never had any issues with that befor. just kinda makes me wonder what the owners did to it befor. i donno. its going to get a new/newer motor. and im going to keep it, its a awsome truck, ive tryed and tryed to get it stuck and never could. it does good in the snow...so yeah im going to keep it...

Quick Reply: UMMMM YEAH....