General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

UMMMM YEAH....

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 01:47 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road
Default RE: UMMMM YEAH....

nice ya my dad has been using valvoline since he had his first car. he even used it in his 427 69 camaro and never any problems u just change it at 2000 mi or tops 3000 mi. u really dont need those synthetics unless u dont change ur oil that often or somethin

Old 03-02-2008, 01:59 PM
jwomack is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: 94blueknight

nice ya my dad has been using valvoline since he had his first car. he even used it in his 427 69 camaro and never any problems u just change it at 2000 mi or tops 3000 mi. u really dont need those synthetics unless u dont change ur oil that often or somethin
nope, i drive about 2800 miles in 2.5 weeks. so i change it at the most every 2800 miles

Old 03-02-2008, 02:06 PM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: jwomack

ORIGINAL: TheBrettster

Oh my god. That is the saddiest thing I've seen/heard since I heard about Boyd.

so it got towned to the shop and i should know more on monday...
You're not planning on rebuilding are you?
nope its going to get a new motor tho...

Well you gonna reconstruct the whole thing? It looks like the inside got torched to.

Old 03-02-2008, 02:10 PM

ORIGINAL: jwomack

Oh my god. That is the saddiest thing I've seen/heard since I heard about Boyd.

so it got towned to the shop and i should know more on monday...
You're not planning on rebuilding are you?
nope its going to get a new motor tho...

Well you gonna reconstruct the whole thing? It looks like the inside got torched to.
the pic that i showed was my 99 s10 that burnt up...and its long gone...

i am going to put a new motor in my blazer...

Old 03-02-2008, 02:13 PM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Gotcha, thanks for putting that up there i was like man that is gonna be some rebuild.

Old 03-02-2008, 03:31 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Well that sucks that you blew a rod. I know drperry did to with an '05 blazer with less than 60k miles. It is a perfect time to upgrade to a v8 if you got the cash. From what I understand a 350 does well in the blazers.

Old 03-02-2008, 08:58 PM

ORIGINAL: lennyblazer

Well that sucks that you blew a rod. I know drperry did to with an '05 blazer with less than 60k miles. It is a perfect time to upgrade to a v8 if you got the cash. From what I understand a 350 does well in the blazers.
yeah there is someone running around here with a LT1 Blazer. man that thing is Fast, but doesnt get much traction. i think he has it set up for AWD...not sure tho, only seen him a couple of times...

Old 03-02-2008, 10:56 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Yeah, my #2 piston also busted the rod...

I was told it was my #2 piston before I looked that far underneath! lol.

No noise for me either, just gave a little jerk... Though, still accelerated after that first jerk for a second or so

I thought it was the fuel pump quitting until I saw all the oil underneath...

I posted up about it on ZR2USA and one of the guys was like "I bet ya the intake valve retainer on the #2 piston let go, dropping the valve, and when the piston hit it, it snapped the rod."

40,139 miles and mine went poof

Old 03-03-2008, 05:32 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Hope you get it fixed soon and back on the road soon!!

Old 03-04-2008, 08:12 PM

well its getting a new/rebuilt motor as we speak. so im not sure. i donn owhat happend dont care. as long as i get it back soon thats all...

Quick Reply: UMMMM YEAH....