General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Urgent help

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 06:00 PM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Urgent help

I'm installing my glow gauges and where would be a valid power source to tap into, they said using the parking ligths ?????? If so what wire would that be.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:44 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Urgent help

I'm assuming they want 12v power when your lights are on and not the normal cluster dimmer circuit.

If so, you'll want to tap into the LT BLUE wire off of the headlamp switch. This should be 12v constant whenever the park lights are on.

Old 06-27-2007, 10:23 PM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

That wasnt it. WERE IS DAVTAK WHEN U NEED HIM!!!!!!! I tried the brown wire right next to the gas pedal with no luck either.

Old 06-27-2007, 10:34 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm.. Well that is the park lamp output...

If you have a test light, just probe the wires until you find one that turns off when you turn off your park lights.

Old 06-27-2007, 10:37 PM

Just checked pin A and the color of the wire is olive green. Kyle u mind hopping on AOL for a minute. I HAVE NO GAUGE CLUSTER :P

Old 06-27-2007, 11:49 PM

NM got it, it was worth all the trouble i had :P btw was the olive color wire.

Old 06-28-2007, 07:05 AM
Administrator

Sorry, missed your edit. GM must have changed around the wire colors between 2000 & 2001. That connector view & wire color chart is from a 2000.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:36 AM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

Sorry Brettster. I was busy for a couple of days helping a friend of mine change his speed sensor and some hoses in his car. What year is yours. I talked with a guy at Advance Auto Parts when I bought mine that knew Chevy SUV's very well. He told me that it was the torqoise wire. I spliced there and they work fine and dandy. I sent you a pm too. Sorry for the delay.

Oop, just read the replys. I see you got it. Olive green? Mine's a 2000, maybe that's it. Again, sorry.

Old 06-28-2007, 04:00 PM

It was a torqoise green looking wire. I'm not to sure it was dark outside and all i had were my dome lights, anyways my gauges look amazing but i did the same thing you did and put the temp gauge a little to far over.