General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Vacuum line or what

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2023 | 11:23 AM
|
TR860 will become famous soon enough
Default Vacuum line or what

("98 4x4 4.3L) Had to reattach windshield washer line this morning and when i was looking to find the line i came across this line (the one missing from the tee, i removed it to see what size it was on account of it was dry rotted and just hanging not attached to anything) anyway does anyone happen to know where this hooks up i cant find anything that i attaches too and is it a vacuum line, its about 5 inches long. Thanks. Damn didnt know they would be this large. Not use to sending pics.

on drivers side

Old 04-11-2023 | 01:10 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enoughchristine_208 will become famous soon enough

There is supposed to be a vacuum hose that goes between the nipple on that check valve and a vacuum reservoir that is located in the fender.

Check out the link in my signature for information on the vacuum lines.

BTW, if one vacuum line has gone bad, the others are likely bad and should be replaced. With vacuum leaks, your front axle won't lock up for 4wd nor will your HVAC system work correctly due to both using vacuum acuators.

Old 04-11-2023 | 01:16 PM
Walleye Hunter will become famous soon enough

Does that check valve belong there? I thought there were only used down near the manifold.

Old 04-11-2023 | 01:20 PM
|

Thanks you"re always a help

Old 04-11-2023 | 01:22 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enoughchristine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter
Does that check valve belong there? I thought there were only used down near the manifold.
Nope, that is where mine is and I'm pretty sure is where they all are on the later 2nd Gen Blazers. But the important thing is that it is in the correct place in the vacuum line circuit.

Old 04-11-2023 | 01:25 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by TR860
Thanks you"re always a help
You are very welcome. Just today I had to replace the hose you found missing. When I replaced my vacuum hoses, I could not find quite the right size at the time and had to use fuel hose. This is less elastic and over time it lost its seal to the nipple to the vacuum canister. I also use narrow zip-ties to act as mini-hose clamps to secure the hoses to the nipples. Because of space issues, I could not do this for the nipple to the vacuum canister.

Old 04-11-2023 | 03:52 PM
|

So whats the easiest way to get that hose on the nipple under the bolt on the fender well...i kinda got big hands and the nipple dont feel very long

Old 04-11-2023 | 06:04 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by TR860
So whats the easiest way to get that hose on the nipple under the bolt on the fender well...i kinda got big hands and the nipple dont feel very long
It is hard to get the hose on the nipple. Until I got a feel for it, I had to use a mirror and long pliers. The nipple is a bit recessed in the surface of the canister if I remember correctly.

You might try putting a bamboo skewer in the vacuum hose to give it keep it from bending so that you can hold it far away from the end of the hose and then guide the end of the hose onto the nipple using a mirror.

Old 04-11-2023 | 06:38 PM
|

Thanks again, i used a inspection mirror to see where this was and you are right it does sit like in a pocket i will play with it and am sure i can get it. Thanks again

Old 04-11-2023 | 07:07 PM
Walleye Hunter will become famous soon enough

I forget how I got mine on but I didn't use any special tools. I'm going to guess that the hose that the check valve is on goes directly to the manifold then?

Quick Reply: Vacuum line or what