General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Vehicles you have recovered with your Blazer...

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 05:42 PM
Beginning Member
bksowers1 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=old skool luvr;296429]i was gonna say you should be playing in the sand with a 4x4, but sometimes you'll just get in deeper.

how do you find those TrXus STS tires in mud? on the street? and not counting this time, the sand?

Mud they are good street they killed my gas milage and for the most part the sand is awsome. Those pics were with not enough air let out so we sunk. I got about 63,000 miles out of those tires, so i would say well worth it.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:02 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

maybe i should start a what has pulled your blazer out thread.... well the unstoppable blazer got stuck....
today 2 cars were stopped in the middle of the road on a busy road not doing anything. they were right on a corner and blind until you got around the corner. i was going 30mph and as i came around i saw them and locked up the brakes. an oncoming cars was there so i could not go around so i "parked" it in the ditch. this ditch was about 10ft down from the road. not excagerating either this is a steep ditch. well the two cars book it and take off like a bat out of you know where. well i put it in 4wd and try to get out. i only get stuck more. so i call my buddy up that has a dodge 1500, so while im sitting there a cop pulls up just after my buddy gets there with his truck and strap. the cop blocks one way of traffic. while i hook up. the cop comes up and ask why im in the ditch. (i guess not all our law enforcment is bright). "well officer there was 2 cars parked when i came around the corner and the only way to miss them was to bank it in this ditch right here. would you rather have a pile up or a car stuck". -me
"you aint getting that out of there, you're gonna need a wrecker or a tow truck"-officer
then he asks for my liscense and writes my plate number down. he never asked for insurance.
so i go jump in the blazer and my buddy guns his truck and i manage to climb the ditch and get it back on the road. we unhook, wave to the cop(at least he blocked a lane for us). and leave for auto tech. once we get to class (obviously late) i check it out and find i have a dented bumper and i either bent one of my shocks or the actual leaf spring. can't tell gonna check it out tomorrow. so can i get a ticket for destruction of property? he does have my liscense number and plate number. the only reason i can think he got it is either he wanted to have it incase we caused a wreck pulling it out . never asked for my buddies info though.

Old 02-11-2010, 04:31 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

I'd rather not talk about everything that's pulled me out. It's been mostly Blazers and a Dodge P/U... And a couple other vehicles that I haven't even told my husband about.

Yeah... It's that bad.

Old 02-11-2010, 05:29 PM
papacope is an unknown quantity at this point

Got a new vehicle to ad to my list, a 200* Jeep Wrangler the other day in the snow. He was stuck in about 8 inches of snow and was also in some decent ruts, which I was able to drive down, get out of, line up, and pull him out with no problems. Jeep Recovery Team to the rescue, well the only one still around. =]

Old 02-11-2010, 05:33 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I'm usually the one that needs pulled out... my 2 most recent (this past week) was a beat old corrola and a kabota tracter

Old 02-11-2010, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
I'm usually the one that needs pulled out... my 2 most recent (this past week) was a beat old corrola and a kabota tracter
I can't seem to get our Kabota stuck, even if I try. lol I've gotten our fork truck stuck numerous times, but none of our tractors. =[

Old 02-11-2010, 05:39 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

we had the snow plow attachment on it and the crazy peurto rican driving it was running it too fast into snow banks.. but yea I heard they are supposed to be guaranteed not to get stuck

Old 02-11-2010, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
we had the snow plow attachment on it and the crazy peurto rican driving it was running it too fast into snow banks.. but yea I heard they are supposed to be guaranteed not to get stuck
Ours has MFWD with a locker in the rear, that thing will make it up a muddy *** hill with ease while tilling, she got *****. =]

Old 02-12-2010, 12:05 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

today i "rescued" some lady and her infant son in her Honda, it blew the upper rad hose.

while i didn't actually pull the ar around the corner (she was stopped across both of the left turn lanes), i did manage to put a electrical tape bandage on it, filled the rad back up @ the EMS station around the corner, and sent her on her way with my cell #, just incase it gave her any more issues on the way home.

that's my good deed for the day, so now everyone else can **** off! j/k.

Old 02-12-2010, 01:46 AM

I had to pull out my friend's suburban again tonight, this time the county mounties were there lookin at the sit-e-ation.

Quick Reply: Vehicles you have recovered with your Blazer...