General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Viper keyless entry in a 2000 Blazer

Old 06-22-2018, 07:33 PM
Beginning Member
Mikel7829 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by El_Beautor
Sorry. The link goes to a Google search and I mistakenly looked at the wrong module. The Viper 211hv you have is a little different.

This might be easier if you posted a picture of the factory keyless pigtail so I can remember what wires are there, but I'll take a stab at it. I'm pretty sure that the factory blue & white wires will not work without that module plugged in, so you may have to wire this differently if you don't have that module.

Step 1: You can test if the simple method will still work using a test light. Connect the clip end of your test light to +12v, and use the probe end to tap either the blue or white factory lock wire at the factory keyless plug. If the locks cycle when you tap with +12v then you can proceed with step 2. If you cannot cycle the locks using a test light as described above then the directions below will NOT work.

I'll assume that you know the basics of vehicle wiring. I'm a proponent of soldering wires, so that is what I suggest. Connect the power, ground, light, horn, etc. to the proper vehicle sources as described on The12Volt.com.
Step 2: You'll connect both the Violet/Black lock (#87 normally open) and the Violet unlock (#87 normally open) to a fused +12v source.

Step 3: Connect the Blue/Black Unlock (#30 common output) to the white vehicle unlock wire. Connect the Green/Black Lock (#30 common output) to the blue vehicle lock wire.

If you are unable to cycle the locks using a test light with +12v on the lock/unlock wires at the factory unlock module, then you're going to have to either replace that module or I believe that you can wire the lock wires using a 5 wire setup. You do not need to add any relays or anything extra (your module is capable of this type of setup) but it is a very different system than what I described above. You'll have to find the lock wires in the kick-panel where they come from the door harness, and cut them to splice in the keyless module. Use the diagram on this page to understand the 5 wire system. Don't worry about pins 85 & 86 in the diagram. Those are done internally to your module. The other pins will line up with the pin numbers in the 211vh diagram.
ok I see..that maybe what I was missing...So I connect all the regular 12v,ignition,horn,lights,etc like diagram states, then I need to wire the violet/and violet/bk to a constant 12volt as well...will try that because I did not supply the violet wires with 12v maybe be the issue..will try when it stops raining.

Old 06-24-2018, 07:38 PM
Beginning Member

Sorry. The link goes to a Google search and I mistakenly looked at the wrong module. The Viper 211hv you have is a little different.

This might be easier if you posted a picture of the factory keyless pigtail so I can remember what wires are there, but I'll take a stab at it. I'm pretty sure that the factory blue & white wires will not work without that module plugged in, so you may have to wire this differently if you don't have that module.

Step 1: You can test if the simple method will still work using a test light. Connect the clip end of your test light to +12v, and use the probe end to tap either the blue or white factory lock wire at the factory keyless plug. If the locks cycle when you tap with +12v then you can proceed with step 2. If you cannot cycle the locks using a test light as described above then the directions below will NOT work.

I'll assume that you know the basics of vehicle wiring. I'm a proponent of soldering wires, so that is what I suggest. Connect the power, ground, light, horn, etc. to the proper vehicle sources as described on The12Volt.com.
Step 2: You'll connect both the Violet/Black lock (#87 normally open) and the Violet unlock (#87 normally open) to a fused +12v source.

Step 3: Connect the Blue/Black Unlock (#30 common output) to the white vehicle unlock wire. Connect the Green/Black Lock (#30 common output) to the blue vehicle lock wire.

If you are unable to cycle the locks using a test light with +12v on the lock/unlock wires at the factory unlock module, then you're going to have to either replace that module or I believe that you can wire the lock wires using a 5 wire setup. You do not need to add any relays or anything extra (your module is capable of this type of setup) but it is a very different system than what I described above. You'll have to find the lock wires in the kick-panel where they come from the door harness, and cut them to splice in the keyless module. Use the diagram on this page to understand the 5 wire system. Don't worry about pins 85 & 86 in the diagram. Those are done internally to your module. The other pins will line up with the pin numbers in the 211vh diagram.
ok got everything working as it should...except the horn.lol I have tried the brown to black wire in the steering column..at the BCM..and at the horn itself behind the window washing fluid resivor ..Both viper module and blazer is supposed to be a negative trigger..so idk

Old 06-25-2018, 08:14 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

You can test the horn wire with a test-light. Connect the clip to a solid ground source, then probe the horn wire at the steering column with the probe end. If you have the correct wire (it will be small 18 gauge) it will sound the horn.

Old 06-25-2018, 11:58 AM
Beginning Member

You can test the horn wire with a test-light. Connect the clip to a solid ground source, then probe the horn wire at the steering column with the probe end. If you have the correct wire (it will be small 18 gauge) it will sound the horn.
actually I probably had it correct..I assumed it would honk when lock and unlocking..I believe it only does during the panic feature will try in a few..I just left the horn unhooked for now

Old 06-26-2018, 08:37 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Honking with lock/unlock is probably a programming setting that you can turn on, and I'd guess that the default would be off. Check the owners manual and install manual to see how to use & change those features.

Old 06-27-2018, 02:15 PM
Beginning Member

Honking with lock/unlock is probably a programming setting that you can turn on, and I'd guess that the default would be off. Check the owners manual and install manual to see how to use & change those features.
actually I need to go over the programming..to be a viper its kinda acting crazy..Sometimes its wanting to halfway work not responding like it should