General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Walmart!!

Old 10-15-2011, 10:19 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough
Default Walmart!!

So its time for a oil change..

I did the last one my self and saved about 5 bucks doing so.

So this time i figured i would take it to walmart and have them do it because
saving 5 bucks isnt worth the trouble at the moment. Plus they do lots more than just changing the oil for that 25-35 price.

Anyways, they call me into the garage and tell me that my drain bolt is stripped completely and they cant touch it.. The guy is like who changed your oil last?

I said me... and im not a freaking moron i don't put bolts on and continue to tighten them until they strip...

So im guessing they did something wrong and stripped it out and send me on my way..

Cant wait to attempt to get that nut off tomorrow.

I hate walmart and ill never go back for anything.

Call me stupid for taking it their to begin with i guess but it was convenient at the time.

NEVER AGAIN!!

Old 10-15-2011, 10:40 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Yea man. my grandma had her oil changed there. they never changed the filter. still had the jiffy lube one on. I took it down there,chewed *** and they corrected it.

Old 10-15-2011, 10:44 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

yea i wouldn't trust any oil change place when i 1st got my truck it was winter and i brought it to a moble place turns out the guy put my old filter back and when people work on my truck that i dont know i tend to watch

I noticed and i argued with him ..... turns out he was stoned and the manager found out

I got 50 % off my oil change and a free carwash yay me

Old 10-15-2011, 10:46 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
yea i wouldn't trust any oil change place when i 1st got my truck it was winter and i brought it to a moble place turns out the guy put my old filter back and when people work on my truck that i dont know i tend to watch

I noticed and i argued with him ..... turns out he was stoned and the manager found out

I got 50 % off my oil change and a free carwash yay me
I had brought my old truck i had to have the muffler welded on. I stood behind the yellow line away from the lift where i needed to be and watched. they wouldnt touch it unless i went into the waiting area. I asked why? they said they didnt like being watched. I told them to drop the truck and im going elsewhere.

Old 10-15-2011, 11:07 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

when i first got my blazer i took it into les schwab to have them flush the brake fluid and instead of sucking all the dirty fluid in the master cylinder out like they should have they just pushed it through the lines and clogged my proportioning valve and made it stick either open or closed. the part that really made me mad was they took it for a test drive and gave it back to me real quick cause they where closing and i got in it and started driving and when i had to stop my brake pedal went all the way to the floor before i had any braking and i almost rear ended someone. then they tried charging me 500$ for a new ABS system because according to them it couldnt be taken apart and fixed so i took it to a different mechanic and they took it apart and fixed it. raised hell, got all my money back and they paid for the other shop to do the work.

Old 10-15-2011, 11:15 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Some interesting stories here that I can relate to. Like a shop that tried to charge me what the book says to change my plugs. It was in addition to some work they did & offered to change the plugs too, then I saw the bill.
Ummm NO, I'm sorry but it doesn't take 1 hr & 15 mins to change the plugs on my blazer unless the "mechanic" is in a wheelchair, has only 1 arm & is trying to play COD on PS2 at the same time.
With the 3" BL the steering column is not an issue, I just go through the wheel well on all 6 plugs & I'm done in 15 mins.

The shop I take it to now I'm in there with them working on it & helping around the shop, pushing cars in, answering questions 'customers' may have, telling them about the different sounds a dual exhause will make - in cab at idle, outside at the back & under load (driving) & I tell them to get a friend to drive it past them so they'll get the true sound/appreciation of it.

Old 10-15-2011, 11:19 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

now thats a shop

the only time my truck heads to the shop is when i cant repair whats wrong or i dont have the time

where i moved too theres a shop down the road by me its a 1 lift shop 1 mechanic but dam hes so fast and good

Very nice guy also

HE replaced my exhaust system for free and Welded a bracket for my cat

Of course i bought the parts but i snuck 40 bucks into his pocket

Old 10-15-2011, 11:30 PM
BF Veteran

Yup John I've done that too... brought the parts & left cash. I always bring coffee for the owner, his wife & 2 sons that work there.
When they replaced my engine (for a great price) including installing the cam, lifters, rockers, pushrods, supercharger, intake & all the chit that goes with all the above I dropped 50 in the son that did a lot if not most of the medial, lame *** boring, PITA work's pocket.

Old 10-15-2011, 11:33 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
now thats a shop

the only time my truck heads to the shop is when i cant repair whats wrong or i dont have the time

where i moved too theres a shop down the road by me its a 1 lift shop 1 mechanic but dam hes so fast and good

Very nice guy also

HE replaced my exhaust system for free and Welded a bracket for my cat

Of course i bought the parts but i snuck 40 bucks into his pocket
THATS how you bring in new customers right there. They show that they arent just greedy lil thieves and that they actually appreciate work. If someone around here did that,id bring work to them before someone else.

Old 10-15-2011, 11:40 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by chris015
THATS how you bring in new customers right there. They show that they arent just greedy lil thieves and that they actually appreciate work. If someone around here did that,id bring work to them before someone else.
LOL I probably cost them $50 a year on buisness cards I hand out for their shop.
As it sits right now I have 1 friend at work that's had dual exhaust on 2 vehicles from that shop. This friend is a stickler for detail & completely **** about how HE wants things! His $54,000 2011 Dodge Challenger went in for 'upgraded' dual exhaust a few months back.
A company beside us has their lease GMC Sierra's dualed, another guy at work has his F150 dualed, 2 others have gone there for mechanical work & another for welding.

Word of mouth is the best advertising - It will tell the truth because it's been there

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Walmart!!