General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

washed, clay bared, and waxed

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 07:02 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future
Default washed, clay bared, and waxed

the blazer today. It came out better than I thought it would. I'm happy with the results. I used the Mr. Clean automatic car wash, Meguiars clay bar kit, and Turtle Wax Ice.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:30 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

The hood does it no justice (looks like wicked water spots) but the doors look show-room! Damn reflective. Very nice.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:32 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

It started to drizzle out a bit on and off, I snapped a pic before it got too heavy.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:34 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Where's the chamois!?!? hahaha.
Looks good though. I love the auto-dry carwash..works like a charm everytime, and ICE wax is by far the best wax out there that I've found. I use their liquid clay bar too, how did you find the Meguirs?
I waxed mine a week or so ago, but I've been meaning to break out the full on wash, clay bar, and then wax. Just haven't had the time or weather lately, although it's looking extremely nice this weekend, so I might take the time to do it

Old 06-03-2009, 08:02 PM

I found the clay bar at Kmart. It was $20 with a chamois cloth, a bottle of Quik Detailer, a small sample of Quik Wax, and two clay bars. It worked better than the Liquid Clay Bar which I have used and it worked okay, but not as good as Meguairs. I won't use any other wax than Ice though, I also use the Turtle Wax Ice interior polish and it works awesome. Doesn't leave a slimy layer like the Armor All polish. Dries clear but leaves a shine, especially since my whole interior is black.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:22 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

looks good man, i clay bared mine a few weeks ago, but mine doesnt look nearly that good....lol i hate having a light colored vehicle

Old 06-03-2009, 10:28 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Niiiiiice!

Old 06-04-2009, 05:50 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by davtak
I found the clay bar at Kmart. It was $20 with a chamois cloth, a bottle of Quik Detailer, a small sample of Quik Wax, and two clay bars. It worked better than the Liquid Clay Bar which I have used and it worked okay, but not as good as Meguairs. I won't use any other wax than Ice though, I also use the Turtle Wax Ice interior polish and it works awesome. Doesn't leave a slimy layer like the Armor All polish. Dries clear but leaves a shine, especially since my whole interior is black.
I agree with the liquid claybar...it does an OK job, but not great. You're never going to get the results from a liquid compared to the actual thing though. I might have to pick myself up one of these Meguiars kits and see how they work.
And I also agree with the Ice wax inside...it works awesome, and it smells good too. I have the slime the armour all leaves behind. Looks great, just don't touch it...or you'll be all greasy.

Old 06-04-2009, 05:43 PM
amazinnblazin is an unknown quantity at this point

What would be the best wax to fill in those little scratches and scuffs?

Old 06-04-2009, 06:30 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by amazinnblazin
What would be the best wax to fill in those little scratches and scuffs?
Start with a clay bar..it should remove any little scratches or scuffs. After that, Turtle ICE wax is honestly THE best wax out there IMO...it beats anything, and it's extremely easy to use. Best part is the sunnier/hotter outside it is, the better it works, and it goes on without an annoying film or white scum.

Quick Reply: washed, clay bared, and waxed