General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

We need diagrams

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2021, 10:14 PM
Starting Member
Brandidavisstenberg is on a distinguished road
Default We need diagrams

Big project...my husband and I are disabled but putting 2nd engine into my 1996 4w Chevy blazer special edition and we are wanting to put a engine from a 2001 Chevy S10 4w LS pickup and I want to keep upgrades and I need diagrams of the upgrades to be able to marry it together. Any help would be appreciated very much...we have been married 29 years....

Old 08-23-2021, 08:01 PM
Mods is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Brandidavisstenberg
Big project...my husband and I are disabled but putting 2nd engine into my 1996 4w Chevy blazer special edition and we are wanting to put a engine from a 2001 Chevy S10 4w LS pickup and I want to keep upgrades and I need diagrams of the upgrades to be able to marry it together. Any help would be appreciated very much...we have been married 29 years....
well, Congratulations on the 29 years!, As for the engine, as long as the knock sensor has the same stud and threads, just put it in as is, swap all sensors from the 96 truck to the new block and swap the intake manifold/injection setup/distributor as well. all sensors should have the same wires as you just put the original sensors on the new engine, 2001 block may have a different knock sensor and sensors, but the block and head castings are interchangeable for the full year range of the second gens save for the knock sensor issue, my rig has had its laying on the passenger cylinder head for atleast 50k miles. This assumes we're talking about a V6 /262cu Vortec 90* V6