General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

well got to test the blazer this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 10:42 AM
Starting Member
Buschkj24 is on a distinguished road
Default well got to test the blazer this weekend

**UPDATED** video on page 2

I get home from work at about 5 or so on friday night and my fiancee said to me "My dad got the truck stuck up north, so can we take your truck instead of my car?" I said "sure" since we were going up to the Wisconsin Dells area anyways to do some snow skiing. Now when we got to the cabin, i thought he got his s10 truck stuck...nope, it was a 3500 Dodge dump truck with a snow plow that he got stuck. i was like well we can try to get her out. first we tried with a chain, just couldnt keep traction on the snowy driveway, so i told him i would get out my recovery strap and try to yank him out with that. after 4 or 5 good hard yanks and all four of my tires smoking, i finally got him out. the snow plow was sitting on the frame rails and i have to pull the truck about 10 feet before he could gain traction and back out of his spot. I was super surprised that the blazer got him out, i really had my doubts. then on sunday, my soon to be father-in-law went for the late doe hunt, and while he got back into his jeep, he slid down into the ditch and couldnt get out. he called me and told me to come get him out, now i was smart and got a video of me pulling a jeep out of a ditch! I will post the video once my fiancee's little sister gives it to me. in the end, i still had fun pulling him out haha.

Last edited by Buschkj24; 12-22-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:34 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Score: Blazer: 2, Dodge/Jeep: 0

Old 12-14-2009, 11:56 AM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ABN31B
Score: Blazer: 2, Dodge/Jeep: 0
Hahaha!! Can't wait for this video. Always good to have a Blazer towing Jeep video just in case...

Old 12-14-2009, 04:42 PM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Lol This winter I hope to test my blazer pullin power by pulling people outta the ditch... Maybe make a few bucks too!

Old 12-14-2009, 04:45 PM
Starting Member

yea thats what my plan is, i attend UW-Whitewater and the university does not plow well in the parking lots in the winter so a lot of students get stuck. So once the snow flies some more, I will drive around and if i see someone stuck ill see if they want to get pulled out for a small fee haha

Old 12-22-2009, 07:34 PM
Starting Member

video has promised... let me know if it works for you

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=232283529872

dont mind the girls in the background it is my fiancee and her littler sister being gitty girls

Old 12-22-2009, 07:36 PM
Starting Member

shoot i dont think the video works for you guys unless you have facebook..anyone know how to get the video off facebook? haha

Old 12-22-2009, 07:38 PM
leeclark is an unknown quantity at this point

This video either has been removed from Facebook or is not visible due to privacy settings.

Thats what i got when clicking that link.

Old 12-22-2009, 07:46 PM
Starting Member

i downloaded some things to get it off and ill post it on youtube...give me a few ill have it ready soon

Old 12-22-2009, 07:52 PM
Starting Member
Dbrown843 is on a distinguished road

i wish it snowed here so i can pull out people for money, all i get is floods in the neighborhood next to mine, and im too nice to see a engine hydrolocked and then charge money. gah. its so funny to see people sitting on top of their cars waving for help. hahaha

Quick Reply: well got to test the blazer this weekend