General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Well, I had plans for the blazer

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 07:32 AM
Starting Member
dougg01 is on a distinguished road
Default Well, I had plans for the blazer

Owned it 9 months and did a LOT of maintenance and fix-ups and the whole family enjoyed it. My firebird really appreciated the time off from being my commuter.

[IMG]http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...1/DSC00109.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...1/DSC00114.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...1/DSC00115.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...1/DSC00118.jpg[/IMG]

I was West-bound on a rural state highway going about 20mph in 4wd. Roads were NOT good at all. It was around 0630. A grey, late-model, Dodge 3/4ton crew-cab 4x4 was East-bound and lost it right in front of me and turned sideways. I steered left to try avoiding but his rear bumper caught the blazer in the rear passenger door which sent me into the ditch and up against new (still green) 6" fence posts. The blazer was actually leaning on them, but you can't tell in the pictures. The Dodge spun on around and came to rest in the opposite ditch pointed West. He was able to back out and after giving the deputy his info, took off.

4 hours later the blazer was underway. Drives okay, but I am betting they (the other guy's insurance) will total it. I took it to one body shop for a quick estimate and it came to $4600 and they admitted to trying to 'save' the truck. There were several things damaged not on the estimate. The truck was cosmetically almost perfect other than paint coming off the roof rack. Its got new shocks, brakes, tires, fluids, etc. I've fixed nearly every lose screw, nut, and bolt on it. Solid truck.....or was.

Yesterday I taped up the window, yanked my gear out of it, and parked it out in the field until I know what is going to happen with it.

I've already been out on Autotrader looking for a similar replacement..... We'll have to see what the insurance co. will get us.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:20 AM
papacope is an unknown quantity at this point

OUCH! I'm sorry about your Blazer, the most important thing is that you're ok. You can always replace a vehicle, you can't replace a life.

Old 01-27-2010, 03:56 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Ouch man. Sorry about your loss but glad you're okay. I know what its like to go from an F-body to one of these. Yeah there isn't as much pep in a Blazer, but damn is it comfortable.

Old 01-27-2010, 04:03 PM
Blazers.B.Kewl is an unknown quantity at this point

looks like that will turn into a nice trail rig. Do that and you won't be worried about marring it up any (more). As long as it's still drive-able. But seriously, that sucks. That's a lot of work you put into it just to have it be taken away. Best of luck with it.

Old 01-27-2010, 04:26 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Again, That sucks! Again, glad you are good.

Go for the total, and buy her back. Strip all the good stuff and put it on the replacement Blazer you are itching to buy, and swap all of it's stuff on to the wreck. sawzall the fenders off and trail rig the hell out of her. A Blazer could not ask for a more fitting end :icon_wave:

Old 01-27-2010, 04:40 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Yea, sorry to hear about your blazer but at least you ok! Hopefully the Insurance Co. works in your favor!

Old 01-27-2010, 06:12 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

OUCH! That looks painful

OH ya kudos on the Jesus fish =D

Old 01-27-2010, 07:24 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

How did you like those Mastercraft Courser's? Traction, treadwear, cost, etc. etc.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:13 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

it's been said before, but i'll say it again, OUCH!!!

looks like the only corner not to get it was the front passenger's.

that's what sucks about s**t like this happening. it not your fault, but the other guys insurance sure as hell isn't gonna replace your truck-regardless of what it's worth.

oh well, @ least you're ok. now to start window shopping for a replacement..........

Old 01-28-2010, 01:33 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

My blazer was totalled in October... paid something like 4k for it... 98 115k on the clock, 4 door, 4x4..... They wrote a check for 5600-6000 ish, and I paid it off, and bought some items for it and spent some money on some other things...

Bought it back after it was totalled for 250, and have about 800 in it in new parts.... thats at the most... and I should be posting pictures of the work by next weekend

Quick Reply: Well, I had plans for the blazer