General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Well, I hit a tree...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 01:50 PM
Red 96' will become famous soon enoughRed 96' will become famous soon enough
Default Well, I hit a tree...

Yesterday, me and some buddies of mine decided to go exploring the back roads in the towns around my school. Very few of the roads were plowed and if they were, it was done by a private party. Well, we ended up getting lost and none of us had a gps (or so we thought). As I came down a hill the road turned to the right at the bottom, when I hit my brakes to slow down for the turn, my ABS kicked in and my front tires washed out. I went through a snow bank and about 15ft off the road until I was stopped by a tree.
Here's some pictures of the damage taken today, I'll post a picture and video of me getting pulled out a little later (my friend hasn't gotten it off his camera yet).

Last edited by Red 96'; 12-12-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:04 PM
stevo is an unknown quantity at this point

looks like the brush guard saved you on some potential damage

Old 12-12-2010, 02:11 PM

Yeah, when I hit the tree it pushed my truck to the left so it was more of a glancing blow which kept the damage down.

Old 12-12-2010, 02:35 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

That'll totally buff out.

Yeah it's a good thing you had the guard to absorb some impact and glance you off of the tree, if not it may have been a write-off

Old 12-12-2010, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by oktain
That'll totally buff out.

Yeah it's a good thing you had the guard to absorb some impact and glance you off of the tree, if not it may have been a write-off
Yeah, that would have been bad, seeing as this is my only transportation back home from school, a good 530 miles away haha. I got scared after I hit the tree because there was a really weird noise coming from the engine compartment, turned out it was only a stick rubbing on the fan.

Got the video and picture from my buddy, here ya go
(I forgot to put it in 4WD when I was first getting pulled out haha)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5FkNDYefZw

Last edited by Red 96'; 12-12-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:31 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad it wasn't any worse!!!

Old 12-12-2010, 04:35 PM

Me too, believe me lol!

Old 12-13-2010, 08:41 AM
m3ch is on a distinguished road

well good thing the guard took it, i need one before i hit something, not if i hit something WHEN i hit something, every one wants to crash into me

but in all honesty, i think my truck is in worse condition lol, the sides of my front bumper look torn off because my dad hit a car so many years ago, couple of golfball sized dents in near the gas tank and the tailgate and my rear bumper is crumpled in on the very side

and ish a ford pulled you out lol....

Old 12-13-2010, 10:34 AM
blueblazer1982 is on a distinguished road

f150 to the rescue!!!

yeah you are lucky you had that guard on there. i had a car that i ran into a tree not very fast and it was total out because it cracked the front bumper and bent the hood and part of the subframe. i was only going maybe 15-20mph.

i'm glad i put one of those guards on this summer. deer protections i was thinking but maybe tree protection also

Old 12-13-2010, 04:34 PM

Yeah, it really ended up helping quite a bit. I got word from a buddy of mine downstate that if I want to, I can drop the guard off at his house on my way home for Christmas break from school. He'll take it into work and get it all straightened back out and level and I can pick it back up on my way back to school. I am pretty excited about that!!!

Quick Reply: Well, I hit a tree...