General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

What do you folks think?

Old 08-05-2009, 11:07 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future
Default What do you folks think?

I'm toying with the idea of buying this as a toy/project... I know it's been for sale forever, but I'm thinking of waiting a bit and trying to talk him down to 3,800 bucks (CAD). I'm probably going to call him and see what's been done to it. I'll paint the interior pieces black though, I wouldn't be able to drive it like that, I think I'd throw up on the upholstery lol.

http://sudbury.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ145694172

I just want some opinions, obviously it's had a V8 swap done and I'm wondering what kind of problems can stem from something like that.

Thanks

Old 08-05-2009, 11:14 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

looks decent... but whats a camero???

big pet peeve of mine

Old 08-05-2009, 11:30 AM
Beginning Member
TheRealKoop is on a distinguished road

lol, he claims its built for speed, but it has stock suspension.

Lt1.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:44 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Interesting project that would be.. Not sure I would pay 3800 for it though. I';d like to see a list of everything he's done to it.
If you do buy it...I have dibs on those rims. I want them for my truck!! hahaha. A guy down here just bought new rims for his Xtreme S10, and his old rims were those ones. I asked him to sell them, but he won't...I think he knows how rare and popular they are.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:35 PM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

Doesn't look bad at all. He has the trucks year wrong, can't be a 1993. I wonder why it only has half of the body kit? If it ran good and had low miles I'd pry pay close to 4000 for it.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:49 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

He claims 12,000 kms on it, so it must be the new engine... I've never seen this truck on the road. And if I buy it, unless the skirts are screwed onto the body, they'd be coming off so I can go lower without tearing them off... our roads aren't very friendly for low cars... same reason I'd be holding onto the ZQ8's... sorry Sisk.

Anyone want the taillights? They'd be changing, altezza's are disgusting IMO.

I'm thinking he doesn't know much about cars though... or at least "Camero's" lmao.

What year-ish would that LT1 camaro engine be? Just so I can research some specs

Last edited by oktain; 08-05-2009 at 12:52 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:52 PM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

LT1 should be the Z28's from 93-97. In 98 they went to the LS1's

The body kit pieces should bring you some cash if they are in good shape.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:53 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

First thing tell ya guy ya want it dirt cheap, because theres no such thing as a CAMERO !! Its CAMARO and its a GM motor not a Camaro motor,, I just dont understand how people own, then sell these cars and they cant even describe it properly .. Other than that it looks cool..

Oh i just noticed its listed as a 1993???? dunt look like it to me....if it is thats alot of custom work they did,

Last edited by 2002XTREME; 08-05-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:00 PM
BF Veteran

About 5 years ago it was for sale at an apartment building... then it disappeared off the face of the earth, and now it re-surfaced about a year ago when I was showing my friend my Blazer I had just bought... had a for sale sign on it back then, in these little back cow-trails. I'm thinking he's been starving to sell it, so I'll offer him something pretty low-ball and cash, if he doesn't take it, he doesn't sell the truck. IMO the V8 and all the **** done to it really don't add any value, personal value maybe, but not monetary.

Old 08-05-2009, 05:13 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

I think that the V8 work could be monetarily worth it for the extra money, The LT1 is a great engine that can easily put up some big numbers...
Our old drivers ed car was an older cop car caprice (oh yea) and it had an LT1 with way over 200k miles... It became a dog towards the end... but the power output from the swap would be worth the money.... But if you dont think its worth it... feel free to freight it over to me... My father has a 77 Camaro LT sitting in the garage with inline6 and 3speed waiting for a small block v8 and 4/5 speed....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What do you folks think?