General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

What exactly is VORTEC?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 02:30 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: What exactly is VORTEC?

Well, it probably isn't from Katrina, but the new one that is coming through (forgot the name of it) that is looking like it's going to hit New Orleans again. In my opinion, they should leave what's underwater down there UNDERWATER!!! It was only a matter of time until the levy's broke and/or the bilge pumps went down.

Old 09-22-2005, 02:38 PM
Talusgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Is is too late to move to Alberta? I could use $400 towards my engine....

Old 09-23-2005, 02:08 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Bilge pumps[&:]

Fuel injected engines help with fuel economy tremendously. Its just that we want more power. Just think, your 4.3L engine puts out more power then a factory carb'd 350 did 30 years ago. Kind of hard to believe isn't it. Not too mention you get better gas mileage then the 30 years ago. I remember when gas was .25 cents a gallon. I was pumping it at my Dad's Standard gas station. Standard, as in Amoco, or rather its BP now. Yea, been a long time.

Get your gas in the morning, Friday morning. No doubt by after noon gas prices will be climbing again. Today it was at 2.58 per gallon.

Honestly I do hope Rita follows the same path as Katrina. Most of the damage has already been done, and most of the citizens have been evacuated. I figure it would cause less damage then anwhere else. Lesser of two evils tpype thing.

Old 09-23-2005, 03:47 AM

Just went and filled all gas tanks tonight and on the way back stopped at the store to buy ice-cream bars and Lucky Charms for comfort. Now I (in the midwest) am ready to ride out the storm...

I forgot to add : I remember having a motor scooter (not technically a Moped, it could not be pedalled, and didn't have a clutch) and filling it at the gas station for $1.25. That tank of gas would last me a week atleast. This was my mode of transportation in highschool, didn't have a car. I also had a canoe, and a bike. I wish I was in that shape now. Would sure save on gas!

Old 09-23-2005, 05:21 AM
Annekat91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmm...... Well, I didn't THINK I had Vortec, but I guess you're saying I do, since I have an S-10 Blazer (though not the newer, better kind of Vortec). Guess I'd better go check! Will read the info when I have more time, it's 12:26 AM and I need to go to sleep.

ORIGINAL: Hanr3

ALLLLLLLLLLL 4.3L engines in the S-Series trucks have Vortec heads.

The current version, which is the most popular, most sought after, and most productive version of Vortec heads didn't start until 1996.

Here is a little more information on the subject.
http://www.s10extremist.org/tech_articles/vortec.htm

Old 09-23-2005, 04:16 PM

You know what I just thought of? If the new hurricane follows in Katrina's path, It'll pick up that nasty biohazard corpse etc. water and spread it around!!! God, I am glad I live in the Midwest!!!

Old 04-14-2007, 01:50 AM
TonyOneX is an unknown quantity at this point

i guess how Daimler-Chrysler has their HEMI GM has their Vortec?

Old 04-14-2007, 02:06 AM
speeddemon560 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: TonyOneX

i guess how Daimler-Chrysler has their HEMI GM has their Vortec?
Exactly. Also, you started up again a very, very old post, from about 1.5 years ago. lol

Old 04-14-2007, 03:13 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

Yes, please stop digging out old threads... Instead, make new ones!

Old 04-14-2007, 11:27 AM
Starting Member
Mbastet99 is an unknown quantity at this point

They're not old threads, they're "classic" threads! LOL

Quick Reply: What exactly is VORTEC?