General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

What have you done WITH your Blazer today?

Old 12-12-2018, 07:41 PM
christine_208 is on a distinguished road
Default What have you done WITH your Blazer today?

So today I got myself stuck and then unstuck while driving out in the woods for one last day of elk and deer hunting. (BTW no luck filling either tag. ) I had to cut a small tree that had fallen across the road but it was at the gated road where while trying to turn around with my utility trailer (think short tongue and easy to jack-knife) that I got stuck. Another hunter with a Dodge 1500 crew cab had caught up to me and followed me in and he got stuck too. Turned out there was ice under the 6"-8" of fresh snow. With a little shoveling and the use of my traction grates, I was able to get unstuck and then we used them on his to get him unstuck. I was glad I had done the small suspension lift and added the better tires a couple years ago.

I was a bit flattered and proud to hear how the guy in the Dodge was impressed by how much more nimble my Blazer was than his truck.

Here are some pics:

Looking up the road at the next tree to cut and move out of the way. Even the old tracks had a good amount of fresh snow in them.

Looking back from where I came.

At the gated road after we got unstuck.

Old 12-13-2018, 12:49 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Whoa, now that's a road I wanna drive on! Beautiful forestry.
Really funny about the Dodge. They named that company appropriately, in my opinion.

Old 12-13-2018, 01:08 PM
DonL is on a distinguished road

I miss living up north... very nice trails.

for myself, today I drove the blazer to work, loaded up a 16x7 insulated garage door face on the roof, and took her back home. I miss driving her, been using the civic hatchback to get to work because it saves me 60$ a week in gas lol.

Old 12-13-2018, 01:23 PM
christine_208 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DonL View Post
I miss living up north... very nice trails.

for myself, today I drove the blazer to work, loaded up a 16x7 insulated garage door face on the roof, and took her back home. I miss driving her, been using the civic hatchback to get to work because it saves me 60$ a week in gas lol.
My daily driver for non-bad weather and when I only need to haul myself around is my 82 Honda. Damn that little car runs great!