General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 12:26 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

New wheels and tires on. Ion 171's 15x8, 3.5" BS (would have liked more BS), 31" DuraTrac's, Bushwacker flares stolen from another project.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-th_img_4417_zps3f51ee76.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-th_img_4415_zpsfcb1dd9d.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-th_f3b81c24-deee-410e-bdc4-7153a20f10b3_zps62b9d5e9.jpg  

Last edited by Blazin_Jason; 12-07-2014 at 12:30 PM.
Old 12-07-2014, 06:36 PM
Beginning Member
rob180 is on a distinguished road

lights for hvac controls. Wow bright.

Old 12-07-2014, 06:52 PM
Mike 56 is on a distinguished road

Today, with the temps in the 30's, I welded in some patch panels on the front and back floor. I Installed 2 new tie rod ends and I painted the floors and inner fender wells. Im trying to make it more presentable to get an inspection sticker..

Old 12-07-2014, 09:44 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Blazin_Jason
New wheels and tires on. Ion 171's 15x8, 3.5" BS (would have liked more BS), 31" DuraTrac's, Bushwacker flares stolen from another project.
That looks great, nice work!

Old 12-07-2014, 10:33 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by RangerG
That looks great, nice work!
Thanks. I like it much better now. Just have to keep an eye out and make sure it doesn't rub up front (it's tight). Otherwise might have to think about a small BL, maybe 1". Hoping to avoid that though.

Old 12-20-2014, 07:04 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Had our first failure of the season last week. Luckily, a minor failure.

The top shock bushing on the 6 year old Edelbrock IAS shocks disintegrated. Could hear the wife coming a mile away over all the bumps here - thought I was in for another front end job. Glad it was this simple.

A phone call to Edelbrock, and I had a new PAIR of bushings shipped FREE.

That red powder coat is all blistered and peeling after 6 winters. We'll see how long before they rust completely through and blow the nitrogen & oil out the side ...

Still have excellent compression & rebound, so at least they're working. I bought these originally for the Jimmy back in '08. When I parted it out in '10, I grabbed 'em and installed in the S10 Blazer.

Old 12-20-2014, 09:41 PM
Starting Member
mattjphoto is on a distinguished road

Bought new shoes for her. Also figured out why the 4x4 wasn't working.

Old 01-03-2015, 12:39 PM
screwdriver is on a distinguished road

finishing the rebuild of my sons 4.3l in his 2001 Jimmy. Hopefully will get the engine set in today.

Old 01-03-2015, 02:22 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Just finished fixing the power running boards on the Denali that had stopped pulling back up/in a few weeks ago. It was a pain, but they are quite useful especially for my boys.

I pulled them completely off the truck and actuated them on the bench. I found that the front hinges on both sides were quite free. It was the rear hinges that were binding up, causing the problems. After disassembling the running board from the hinges and removing the rear hinge from the frame, I was able to heat the pivot points to boil out any old, dried up grease and the used WD40 as a temporary lubricant while I worked the hinges. Once both hinges were free, I applied a liberal coating of lithium grease to the pivots before putting everything back together.

Now the boards almost seem to tuck back under the truck faster than they drop down!

Old 01-03-2015, 04:58 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Not a single thing, still have not fixed the broken passenger front door handle, or the broken drivers rear door handle.. (I hate this state) and it is pulling to the right and noticed wear on the inside of the drivers tire, and outside of the passenger tire. Looks like I will need an alignment too. The wear on the tires is so minimal in those spots that I am guessing its the camber and caster.
I jacked up the front of the truck and checked all the ball joints ect, and there is no play.
Did I say I hate this state, not getting above zero tomorrow.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?