General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 10:19 PM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Maybe I should start a new thread called ....

"What has your WIFE gotten done to your Blazer?"

Well, things could have always been worse. She didn't get hurt, #1 ... and #2 she didn't hit anyone else. She slid off the road into a guardrail on the road I grew up on several towns over from where I live now. They redesigned the curve, because all the yuppies that took over that neighborhood got scared coming around the blind downhill turn. So ... the state widens it, and pitches the road TOWARD the guardrail, so wasn't entirely my wife's fault.

Gotta love winter ... but that's what we bought this thing for. To be the Sacrificial Anode ...

Got a buddy that knows someone that might have a fender. Going to need the core support, front bumper & left brace, left bezel & marker, possibly the inner fender, and a few other odds and ends. Will be over $500 at LMC, so used will be the way to go here. Parts for these things are few and far between around here, so might take a while. Looks like I'll be stuck driving this around town and the wifey will have my Silverado, until I find the needed parts. As if I needed more crap to do ...

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-blazer-accident-3-edit.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-blazer-accident.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-blazer-accident-2-.jpg  
Old 01-04-2015, 01:45 AM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

Just finished the CAD work for the center link. It will correct almost all the bump steer. When I got the LCA almost level that corrected almost all the rebound toe changes but left 1/8 toe change at full bump. Cant wait to try this out.

Old 01-10-2015, 12:02 AM
Beginning Member
blazerlt1999 is on a distinguished road
Wink

I stuck this on.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-101_1516.jpg

Old 01-13-2015, 11:00 AM
Beginning Member
Az_S15 is on a distinguished road

scored a set of D windows for $110 for my 93 jimmy RC lift is next

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-20150111_140002.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-20150111_142610.jpg  
Old 01-13-2015, 05:35 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Man. aint been on for a bit.

so the last 4-6 months. ive done nadda other then a control arm.

Now ive got a awesome wot bog issue on randomly. Only thing ive noticed is my iac wire is corroded to ****. which can cause a resistance issue thus bad fuel trim...?..

got a pigtail and stuff for it. hopefully that fixes it.

Sup homies?

Old 01-13-2015, 05:41 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Sup? its cold

Old 01-13-2015, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Long time no see! Welcome back

Old 01-14-2015, 08:27 AM

Long time no see brother Chris! Take a look at what my wife did to the Blazer a few posts back ....

Just painted up the new fender yesterday - came in a day early.

Opened the box to my new chiwaneese bumper, and this is what I saw ..... WTF!! You get what you pay for, no doubt!

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-blazer-bumper-new-rusted-3-.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-blazer-fender-new-painted.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-blazer-accident-final-disassembly-2-.jpg  

Last edited by Smitty Smithsonite; 01-14-2015 at 08:29 AM. Reason: forgot pic
Old 01-14-2015, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

^ I would be demanding a new bumper if my brand new part came in looking like that! Or a refund to go somewhere else and get one that isn't rusted.

Old 01-15-2015, 07:47 AM

They got an earful from me. I told them to get me a bumper by SATURDAY, or give me my money back.

Should've just grabbed that one at LMC for double the price - would've been worth saving the hassle. Hindsight is always 20/20 ....

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?