General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 01:01 PM
Starting Member
Bagherra is on a distinguished road

Need to change engine oil and differential fluid.
Fixed annoying-as-hell squeak from rear glass.

Gotta get the rear brakes to stop squeeling...they are new pads..applied copper grease and they still make noise...any suggestions?

Old 02-18-2015, 03:49 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Bagherra
Need to change engine oil and differential fluid.
Fixed annoying-as-hell squeak from rear glass.

Gotta get the rear brakes to stop squeeling...they are new pads..applied copper grease and they still make noise...any suggestions?
drum or disc?

Old 02-18-2015, 04:29 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

sand the rotors

Old 02-19-2015, 07:44 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

If they're disc, sometimes you can get annoying squeals to go away by applying something like Permatex Ceramic Extreme brake parts lube to the backs of the pads, wherever they make contact with the caliper or piston.

With drums, and sometimes with discs too, you can sand the shoes/pads & drum/disc - whatever the case may be - and that may quiet them down.

These days with disc, they have so many different compounds - lots of them (ceramic comes to mind) inherently squeak/squeal. Sometimes the only cure is to change the pads again.

Here's the Permatex stuff. Not partial to Advance Auto, although you can get some great deals there with coupon codes: Permatex Ceramic Extreme Brake Parts Lubricant (8 oz) 24125: Advance Auto Parts

Another possibility with disc is they're worn down to the "alert" tab - that tab makes an annoying noise when it contacts the disc to let you know the pads are getting close ...

Last edited by Smitty Smithsonite; 02-19-2015 at 07:47 AM.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:52 AM
Starting Member
Franco is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Bagherra
If I'm not cutting or changing rotors, I go over them with a wire brush attachment on an angle grinder. Similar to sanding. It breaks the glaze on the surfaces. You can also try chamfering the edges of the pads slightly.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:58 AM
Starting Member
Franco is on a distinguished road

Not really getting something done on the Blazer... but I pulled my Dad's Toyota Tacoma out of a snow bank yesterday. 4-wheel low in reverse is a beast... If I wasn't on snow myself, I could have pulled a garbage truck out...

Old 02-19-2015, 10:50 AM
Starting Member
Bagherra is on a distinguished road

it's discs all way the around...gonna try sanding the discs. Will a wire wheel on drill accomplish the same thing?

btw, applied copper grease to back of the pads and still making noise.

Too damn cold to try anything today...

Last edited by Bagherra; 02-19-2015 at 10:52 AM.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:05 PM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

Lowered the 4dr 3/4 inch in the front. Will do the corner weights next week I guess. Slotted my rotors last week amd they WORK,

Old 02-21-2015, 12:49 AM
Starting Member
jkyle187 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default added some decals

just a few and a led trailer hitch cover

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-kimg0061.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-kimg0059.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-kimg0058.jpg  
Old 02-22-2015, 07:31 PM
Starting Member
jkyle187 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new thing

new LED license plate ...that's all...carry on..
New LED License Plate Tag Light Black Boat Trailer RV Truck Interior Step Light | eBay

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-kimg0083a.jpg  

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?