General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 07:19 AM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by blazerguy22
well yesterday i started with sanding down the trim panels long my rear windows and got them in their first cot of primer today im intending on filling the rough spots and sanding it again and priming it then at some point gonna paint them to match the truck
Pics when yuor done, or else :P

Old 10-01-2009, 09:42 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by blazerguy22
well yesterday i started with sanding down the trim panels long my rear windows and got them in their first cot of primer today im intending on filling the rough spots and sanding it again and priming it then at some point gonna paint them to match the truck
If it's done right, this can look awesome when it's done! Mine are all pitted and ruined...someday I might get around to re finishing them lol.
I agree with Craig though...post up pics when your done.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:49 AM
BlaziNator is on a distinguished road

I seafoamed the engine and reset the ECU (after replacing the TPS)

Old 10-01-2009, 09:49 AM
Starting Member
blazeitupdrgonzo is on a distinguished road

I got my 2 way remote starter/keyless entry/alarm installed today, it will be nice when its -40 celcius and im going to work at 4:30 in the morning. Now i almost want it to get cold, almost haha

Old 10-03-2009, 02:36 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I got my blue gauge lights installed today...I'm just waiting for night to see how they look...

Also washed the truck and cleaned inside...

And also discovered this MASSIVE scratch on my passenger side that almost runs the entire length of the truck...no idea where it came from...

But with the magic of scratch doctor...I got rid of most of it. It's just barely noticeable now. I'll post up pics of my gauges once it gets dark enough

Old 10-03-2009, 02:47 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

i got my 10 Farad Cap put in, along with 2 gm battery post adaptors and rachet strapped my sub box down, gunna go out and clean the interior in a few minutes and i also took off the rear tire off the rack to see if the rattling stops!

Old 10-03-2009, 10:32 PM
Beginning Member
zokalr13 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got me some new spark plugs, a new water pump, new front hubs and bearings on my new to me 96 blazer LT... first mechanical work on her since buying it last year...she runs sweet now..feels like new again..the front bearings take a beating every day as i drive up a rutted logging road to hike with my dog...vehicle has 152,000 km and still going strong..

Old 10-03-2009, 11:19 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

My Cherry Bomb fell off... yay... so I was runnin just punched cats today lol. Scared the crap out of some people. Some Cadillac was parked behind me... I walked out and started up my truck... they moved immediately. I didn't need to get out or anything I just thought it would be funny.

But yeah other than hte muffler falling off... haven't done anything. But this week I'll be doing all sorts of stuff...

Old 10-03-2009, 11:28 PM
Starting Member
1oldK5 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerChick
My Cherry Bomb fell off... yay... so I was runnin just punched cats today lol. Scared the crap out of some people. Some Cadillac was parked behind me... I walked out and started up my truck... they moved immediately. I didn't need to get out or anything I just thought it would be funny.

But yeah other than hte muffler falling off... haven't done anything. But this week I'll be doing all sorts of stuff...

Well damn that just sucks lol. I'm hoping you atleast went back for it, I know I would have. Even if I was a person driving down the road I would stop and grab it just since its laying there lol.

I've been tempted to just drive my blazer around open header for awhile just to see the reactions of people but with the colder weather creeping in I'd rather not run the chance of bending a valve. Not to mention my parents would bitch up a storm when I pull up and the truck is louder then the barracuda lol.

Old 10-03-2009, 11:29 PM
Starting Member
FlatTopFoley has a little shameless behavior in the past

Been having a pretty bad bucking problem as of late, been a real downer. So went out today and did new cap, rotor, ignition coil(that was fun with it being riveted on its rail, dremel ftw) and idle air control valve. after 3 hours or so of work/messing around, got it all done and shes running like a champ. ECU is a little out of wack because we had the IACV unplugged for 2 weeks, but hopefully it sorts itself out soon enough.

on a side note, also helped with a 2001 grand am brake job and my brothers 71 lemans carb rebuild.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?