General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 08:07 PM
vanillathrilla is on a distinguished road

Soooo.. anyway..

today I started sanding the rear window trim and fender flares back down. I got some molding paint at Advance Auto yesterday or the day before when I bedlined the frame, so I'm going to see how that works. I guess if it doesn't turn out, I can bedline them, but I'd rather avoid it!

Old 04-21-2010, 10:25 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

hey vanilla............just take a 1/2 drive socket that barely fits over the locknut, and beat the snot outta it, until it goes over the locknut. then use your j-bar to remove it.

you can either set the socket in your bench vise, or do what i do-put it in the lathe, and just machine it out (it's garbage anyways).

***if the socket slips, just go to the next smaller size, and beat that one on.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:36 AM
Starting Member
ussexplorer is on a distinguished road
Default well not today but the last thig I did the other day

Finished checking and looking for a short to the power lock in the driver side door. I did a little more testing and figure I have 3-4 shorted wires. One is the orange power to the power door lock switch. One is the black wire to the switch and then also one or both wires to the motor that opens / locks the door. When I jumped the orange power wire. The lock triggered the other locks. The blue did what it was supose to. But I already traced the blue back to the power door lock relay. Anyway so I decided for now. Since I got the power window working and don't have the replacement mirror yet. I put the door panel back on. So after all of that. I put a door panel back on. But my list of things to do is growing shorter.

Josh

Old 04-22-2010, 10:54 AM

Woohoo! Lucas Transmission Treatment/Additive seems to have helped my transmission quite a bit. I don't have the money for a rebuild right now, and I'm hoping this will get me by for a while!

Old 04-22-2010, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
hey vanilla............just take a 1/2 drive socket that barely fits over the locknut, and beat the snot outta it, until it goes over the locknut. then use your j-bar to remove it.

you can either set the socket in your bench vise, or do what i do-put it in the lathe, and just machine it out (it's garbage anyways).

***if the socket slips, just go to the next smaller size, and beat that one on.
Forgot to mention in my last post that I went by Firestone today and asked the guy behind the counter if he had ever seen a mickey mouse head shaped locking lug nut.. explained that I was planning to relocate my spare and couldn't get the lug off. Before I could finish my sentence, he was walking out to my Blazer to look at it. He told me to pull it around to the first bay and back up to the door. About a minute later he had drilled the lug off and walked back into the shop. LOL! That was really cool of him to help me for free

Old 04-22-2010, 09:43 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

@ vanilla: Haha ok. I can't find a picture of the one I have, Nor can I find it lol.

Last edited by zedartwo; 04-22-2010 at 09:45 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:56 PM
missjacque is on a distinguished road

Hubby and I spent most of the day wandering around the scrapyards looking for parts. Not many '99 to '01 Blazers were to be found. And when we did most of the parts were gone already or broken beyond fixing. Finally found the grill/bumper/lights that we needed - the grill needs to be epoxied but for the price (free) worth it, came home and put them on. Now it looks like a Blazer (had a '95 Jimmy front end on it). Now to get a gas tank in it and do the body work.

Old 04-23-2010, 03:12 PM
cobalt107 is on a distinguished road

98 jimmy 192,500 miles replaced ball joints, inner tie rods, idler, center link, new bushing on sway bar & end bar. Drain transmission & replaced filter & flushed PS. Replaced right front Abs speed sensor. Front end alignment. new brakes. ready for more miles now.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:48 PM
samuknow is an unknown quantity at this point

How does it drive after all of that?

Old 04-23-2010, 05:01 PM
Beginning Member
Hezzu is on a distinguished road

Took it to the shop to see if they could do fuel line repairs. Cost me $26 to find out they would want about $500 to fix it, most of it labor. So This weekend I will be doing it in my garage. Also replacing a U joint. wish me luck. hope its not as hard as it sounds.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?