General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2019, 04:41 PM
Cimmerian is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Hess13x
Nice find! I need to start looking for one or just build one.
Thanks man. I got the complete set up and two good condition sun visors for $150.

Old 12-07-2019, 05:05 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

Not bad I missed a tire carrier a few months back for $20

Old 12-07-2019, 05:11 PM
odat will become famous soon enough

I don't know if I ever mentioned this but a few years back I added two of them to my scrap iron trip to recycle - total ready to bolt on units - As I couldn't even give them away and got tired of tripping over them .....

Old 12-07-2019, 05:12 PM
Starting Member
bravo99 is on a distinguished road

^^^that's just rude LOL

Old 12-10-2019, 09:02 PM
2001ZR2 is on a distinguished road

On Sunday I helped my son change out the radiator on his ZR2. I asked if he was sure that the transmission lines were fully engaged. He told be that they were well about mile down the road he stopped because there was a smoke cloud and he found the inlet was leaking.

I rescued him and pushed the line in until I was sure it was seated. and we refilled the transmission.He took it to his apartment and drove my suburban to a meeting at work. He called and said the trans was still leaking.

Tonight after waiting a couple of days I went over and looked at the line. It was still seated but there was still trans fluid everywhere under the hood. I checked the line and it was still seated and dry so I found the plastic covers that go over the clips and moved those to their position.

At some point they were moved probably to replace the engine before we got and never put back. As of this writing he has a good radiator, a topped off trans, lines properly installed. I hope for a week without him calling about the truck. But I expect a call tomorrow about the transmission failing. I drove it for about 15 miles including a highway run. It shifts fine and has no slip I can feel and doesn't set the 1870 code.

Old 12-11-2019, 05:45 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Snow was removed by mother nature, so I did nothing but think of her.😔

Old 12-13-2019, 09:18 AM

Just put my new perfect condition sun visors in. They work fine, light up, etc. Came out of a 1995 Blazer right into my 2000. My only question is these new visors have this extra flap, and I don't know what it's for. Anyone have any ideas?

Old 12-13-2019, 10:00 AM
blazen_red_4x4 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Cimmerian
Just put my new perfect condition sun visors in. They work fine, light up, etc. Came out of a 1995 Blazer right into my 2000. My only question is these new visors have this extra flap, and I don't know what it's for. Anyone have any ideas?
When you detach and swing the visor over to the side to block the sun from hitting you from the side window, you can still flip down that extra flap and block light from coming from the windshield.

My dad's 95 Sonoma had them too, took me a little while to realize their purpose lol

Old 12-13-2019, 10:13 AM

Ahhh, that makes sense. I'll definitely need those here in New Mexico as by the end of the day the sun is right in your face and we're so high up that nothing blocks it. Thanks!

Old 12-14-2019, 12:19 PM
Starting Member
bravo99 is on a distinguished road

replaced the air filter and cleaned the MAF sensor today according to a DIY sticky thank you so much for.

dirty rotten scoundrel LOL

not horrible potentially not original.

so interesting phenomenon... my torx bits are T25 not t20s and apparently somebody cross-threaded them or They seized. I got two out eventually but ended up cleaning the sensor together because I couldn't get the other two out at all...

a little bit better but again there was really no baked on anything...

close cleaning revealed much though

wiped out the airbox the best I could it also wasn't actually horrible... test drive revealed a little bit better pick up and smoother standing idle but that had to have been the air filter as well.

as clean as I could get it without being able to get between the screen and the bar wires.

Last edited by bravo99; 12-14-2019 at 12:25 PM.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?