General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2020, 07:16 PM
Cimmerian is on a distinguished road

Here in NM it's dependent on county. I don't live in a county that checks emissions.

Old 09-09-2020, 08:06 PM
Hadyss is on a distinguished road

Went to the mall today looking for a hood and tire carrier couldn’t find one but I did get a replacement g80 carrier mine was screwed when I replaced the rear wind so been driving with an open carrier found one with same gearing and working g80

have a new set of carrier bearing and shims sitting waiting incase I ever needed them. Found a place that will press off the old and put the new on for 60 and I’ll use my current ring gear to keep a matched set

Old 09-12-2020, 09:50 AM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

So this tool of an idiot slammed on his brakes while not paying attention, and the daughter didnt have enough time to stop. Tried to get 300$ for a scratched bumper, told him I would do the work when I got back from my vacation, he said he wanted it done before. Well I'm not one to fold that easily. So he went home to talk to his wife, and she is going through insurance. They are now saying that there is handling issues with the car and there is alot more work needed.... not sure on that one...

The other guy...

Old 09-12-2020, 10:08 AM
Billy1820 is on a distinguished road

Tough luck on that one. It looks like a pretty good hit too. I’d be surprised if there wasn’t a lot more damage to the other drivers car than what’s in your photo.

Things like this happen when you’re a kid, sure can’t blame the other driver for this one. Perhaps a defensive driver course for the daughter would help, plus a friendly reminder to increase following distance and pay attention 👍
Good luck with the repairs

Old 09-12-2020, 10:16 AM
BF Veteran

I'll be taking her out and teaching her a few things... her driving class isnt doing much help obviously lol... she just got her g2 as well...

Old 09-12-2020, 11:09 AM
Hadyss is on a distinguished road

I’ve taken a defensive driving course learned a bunch of stuff they don’t teach u worth it even if the insurance/ license people made me

Old 09-12-2020, 11:59 AM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DonL
They are now saying that there is handling issues with the car and there is alot more work needed.... not sure on that one...
If that happened in California, they would have opened the door, fallen out on the ground, and started screaming, "Oh, my back! Where's my lawyer?", lol.

Old 09-12-2020, 12:03 PM
BF Veteran

That'd what I was waitting for lol

Old 09-12-2020, 05:40 PM
blazen_red_4x4 will become famous soon enough

Hauled the ATV's out to the trails with it and had a blast with the misses and some buddies from work.

Got home and noticed dripping from the front, looked like antifreeze. Confirmed, cracked side tank...

New all aluminum radiator ordered and on the way...

​​​​​​

Old 09-12-2020, 11:03 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

I test fit my new winching system that is not a regular winch. It is wheel drum based winch from Australia called a Bush Winch. (https://www.bushwinch.com/) I like that it is light and I can as easily winch myself forward as backwards. The winching lines for each side are 30 m long.

More pics and details at my build thread: https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds...e4/#post727074

Forward winching setup with a guide attached at the front wheel. There is a second set on the other side. For rear winching, the drums are swapped from Left to Right.

The winch on the wheel. There is an identical one on the other side.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?