General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 12:49 AM
ZachL90 is on a distinguished road

Today I GOT a Blazer! I drove 55 miles to do a straight up trade for my 1993 Suburban. First thing I did was take it through the car was and vacuum it not even a mile down the road from where I met up with the guy! I'm already loving it...

Zach

Old 06-01-2010, 05:07 PM
jdespain is on a distinguished road

Finally fit all my parts together and installed a "CAI" set-up. I'm too cheap to order a Blazer specific intake so I purchased these polished aluminum pieces seperately as I could afford them. Piping - Spectre, filter - K&N. Heat shield - made it myself.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-06-01-10_1529.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-06-01-10_1530.jpg  
Old 06-01-2010, 05:45 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

hope you're not planning on going through any mudd puddles. I almost hydro locked my engine with a cia

Old 06-01-2010, 06:35 PM
jdespain is on a distinguished road

The shield has the filter protected from splash on the two open sides, fender liner and rad. support on other two. The bottom is partially open but acts as a baffle in conjuction with the fender liner also. The majority of the fresh air is coming from under neath and through the factory opening in the rad. support. I figured water and moisture would have made its way to the factory filter and box through this opening if that was a problem. I wish I had taken pics of the shield, but honestly I was installing this setup in the direct sun, was getting hot, and just wanted to get it finished.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:51 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ZachL90
Today I GOT a Blazer! I drove 55 miles to do a straight up trade for my 1993 Suburban. First thing I did was take it through the car was and vacuum it not even a mile down the road from where I met up with the guy! I'm already loving it...

Zach

congrats on the new ride brother.

Originally Posted by jdespain
Finall.............. made it myself.
and that counts more than any store bought box kit.

other than filling it up, i just cursed traffic this morning.

it would figure........i spent a good chunk of Friday giving the Blazer a good bath/detailing. kept it spotless all weekend (ok, it sat in the driveway!), and i managed to some how get missed by the thunder storms last night. but ran into a hugh traffic jam this morning, and got forced onto a nice wet gravel road.

meh, almost 4 full days is some kind of personal record for a clean ride.

@ least it is for me.

Old 06-02-2010, 12:42 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

This is how I left my new engine when I left my dads Monday morning.

The pullys are Pink now.

The new cam, it needed some TLC from exposure to weather, came with brandnew lifters too.

All the brown parts are Pink and the Intake Manifold is staying black. And I'm sure my dad has painted my Valve Covers pink with the raised ridges left black. And the engine block may be black by now too... not sure I haven't talked to him since Monday.

Old 06-02-2010, 06:20 PM
nit8690 is on a distinguished road

Well went up a canyon today see if I could get to the ice caves here. got about a mile away and ran into 5 feet of snow so that ended there...I did have to kick on 4wd once to get through a snowbank and there were some big mud puddles perfect for getting my truck all sorts of muddy. She looks good now

Old 06-02-2010, 10:00 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Filled it up!

Its funny how with that HUGE oil spill and everything, Our gas prices are the lowest they've been in a while!

I'm sure it will come back around

Old 06-03-2010, 01:33 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Filled up last night and agree with ZedarTwo, it was one of my cheapest fill ups...

Replaced the stock air filter after 75,000 miles of...... kindness with a K&N drop in filter because i was told by my mom (who pays my insurance, i'm grateful) no CAI for me

Changed my oil after 4K miles with more Mobil 1 synthetic and the Mobil 1 filter for the first time (I usually just ran a regular filter) figured why not for $3 more.

Oh, and took off the mud flaps because one of the chevy emblems disappeared, apparently it was only painted on there, oh well

Old 06-03-2010, 06:03 PM
99blaz is on a distinguished road

Finished up my intake gasket and water pump today, then changed the oil. Took awhile but i got it done. Still in need of brakes but money is tight. Hopefully ill be able to do some more stuff to the blazer soon.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?