General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 06:01 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

i'm currently fixing my radio mounting bracket that my little cousin broke so thats my fun for today......

Old 06-18-2010, 08:15 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Picked up a Dayco Serpentine belt and a CS130D (I'm guessing) alternator wire connector. Just waiting till tomarrow to get rid of this migraine untill I start the swap. I know some people are interested about the AD244 swap and there is alot of info on the web about the swap.

But I'm gonna try and take pics of the swap and put a how to together. Only downside is it would only be helpful to the 7% of people that have a 1st gen on here. But then agian the alt brackets are pretty much the same so, who knows. Oh almost forgot also picked up some new center caps for my camaro wheels at the salvage yard when I got the alt connector. They are plain silver with a red bowtie outline in the center.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:34 AM
BF Veteran

nice Screwed, pretty little deal you got. and seeing install picks even of a different gen body still helps us second gen guys our for the basic idea of it ya know?

Old 06-19-2010, 04:16 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Trust me, if it wasn't needed I wouldn't bother. Like I said, there is alot of info online. But it's mainly one guys guideline copy and pasted on 100 diffrent websites. So I'll go into a lil more detail other then just saying what models came with them and that they are a larger case. No one has any real details hardly on the swap itself.

I just hope that it being a HO it doesn't hurt amps at idle and at least does the 100amp at idle like a standard one. It has a smaller pulley so we'll see. I'm gonna get to bed so I can get up earlier tomarrow than 2pm. LOL it's 5:16 am right now here.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:08 PM
BF Veteran

its 1 o'clock... where are you????? hahahaha

Old 06-19-2010, 04:49 PM
Starting Member
Frankiesurf is on a distinguished road

Rear pads and rotors. The left rear caliper locked up last night so i did that too.

The only problem was the rusted out backing plate that was rubbing on the rotor. I ripped pretty much both sides off.

Old 06-19-2010, 07:48 PM
CNYCountryKidd is on a distinguished road

Shoes and hardware with a bit of difficulty, some rain, and a friend finishing up for me.
Gotta get back into the swing of things...

Old 06-19-2010, 09:18 PM
1sexyblzr is on a distinguished road

I put new door speakers in the front they sound a lot better

Old 06-19-2010, 10:33 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Frankiesurf
Rear pads and rotors. The left rear caliper locked up last night so i did that too.

The only problem was the rusted out backing plate that was rubbing on the rotor. I ripped pretty much both sides off.
The joy of living on the South Shore of Long Island.

Old 06-19-2010, 11:15 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Today I was driving behind a Blazer from California. Haven't seen anyone from there before, let alone a Blazer!

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?