General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 12:36 AM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

You should give those shackles a shot of undercoating to black them out PJ!

Thats a lot of lift you got going on there, I'm surprised!

Old 08-17-2010, 11:12 AM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by RangerG
You should give those shackles a shot of undercoating to black them out PJ!

Thats a lot of lift you got going on there, I'm surprised!
Yeah it sits up pretty high whith the shocks pumped up, but for the most part will only pump them up for the trail(where extra clearance is needed) but for the street its top much rake for me. And as for the undercoating was wating so I could weld a crossmember in, which I did last night. Now they are undercoated.

pics

Old 08-18-2010, 04:46 PM

well my neighbor is selling his car and he was going to throw away his after market hid kit. So I took it off his hands, the kit came with 2 h3 bulbs, 2 balasts and all the wires. SO I drilled a hole in my reverse lens and mounted the hid bulb, ran some wire back and riged up a switch. Unfortunatly one of the bulbs is junk but for now i have a selectable hid reverse light on my drivers side!

Tailgaters beware

Last edited by pj5454302; 08-18-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:13 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

lol wow thats bright. I need to weld something in between my shackles as well... how much did that cost you or do u have a friend who welds stuff?

Old 08-18-2010, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
lol wow thats bright. I need to weld something in between my shackles as well... how much did that cost you or do u have a friend who welds stuff?
Had some snow fence posts that I cut up, as for a welder have a friend who has a cheap harbor freight welder that I barrowed for a couple of minutes. Bing bang boom and shackles are braced up.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:40 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

lol I'll have to find someone who will give me a quick weld

Old 08-18-2010, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by pj5454302
Is that chipping on the bumper from the exhaust coming out, or just from normal use?? I really like the spot where it comes out, and how it doesn't stick out too far, but I don't want my exhaust to eat my bumper either!

Old 08-18-2010, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by RangerG
Is that chipping on the bumper from the exhaust coming out, or just from normal use?? I really like the spot where it comes out, and how it doesn't stick out too far, but I don't want my exhaust to eat my bumper either!
Well the chips are from the exhuast, the last time I went wheeling was playing on some rocks and It got pushed up. Well didnt notice untill I got home and some of the cover was melted. When I first got the tip I had to trim a little bit but not much.

Heres a pic when it was new.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by pj5454302
Well the chips are from the exhuast, the last time I went wheeling was playing on some rocks and It got pushed up. Well didnt notice untill I got home and some of the cover was melted. When I first got the tip I had to trim a little bit but not much.

Heres a pic when it was new.
That tip exit is nice! I'm thinkin duals like that would look pretty good...

Oh, and you've had no issue running the exhaust through the leaf pack like that? I guess now that I think of it, you would most likely hit bump stops before you ever hit the exhaust.

Edit again: I looked at the top pics and you are a long way off from the leaf springs. That's good because I'm leaning alot towards angles that straight outs.

Last edited by RangerG; 08-18-2010 at 11:53 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:35 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

well.............this is kinda a list since Saturday.

- most importantly, i made her legal for another year (new sticker)
- filled her up twice, washed her once.
- think i have finally found where the moon roof water leak is coming from (@ least i hope)
- manage to do an honest 4 wheel drift on Monday night coming home. who says you can't grab 2nd gear & mash it when you absolutely have to! stupid garbage truck on a gravel road. he didn't know the area, 'cause he slid his *** end waaaaaaay over to my side of the corner, when he realized he was coming into it too fast. shoulda seen his face as i skirted the edge of the ditch!

tomorrow, i'm gonna take the Blazer, go see about draggin' home the Jetta. see if it's worth resurrecting.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?