General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 09:31 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

^^^sweet hill top pic's brother.

Originally Posted by pj5454302
Take that benedict!!! you may have a sun roof and more KC's than me but my lights are brighter!!!

and they look nicer too!

well...........i fueled up the Blazer twice yesterday, but for a good reason.

my Dad bought another new toy..........................

it's a '30 Plymouth Touring. car was originally from Saskatchewan, he's now the 3rd owner. needs a little work, but it runs (very well actually) and has all new brakes on it (including wheel cylinders & lines).

hard to believe that the 80 year old material on the seats still feels like fabric. mind you that's all gonna get redone obviously.

got a ton of parts with it as well. another engine that only has aprox 500 miles on it, spare trans (it's about 1/2 the size of our t/case!!!), completely restored HL's, etc. spare parts filled a pick-up completely.

the guy even had an owners manual for the car too!

Old 09-19-2010, 06:08 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

thats awesome! you'll have to show us what your dad does with it

Old 09-19-2010, 11:25 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

will do Mack.

so far he agrees with me on doing the body in a deep burgundy. i suggested a two tone cream interior (which he seemed to think would fit nicely), but he thinks doing the running boards in black would be better than leaving them body colour.

anyways.............i put another tank of fuel through her toady.

my youngest brother was supposed to come over today to help me with another project, but had some issues with his Jimmy on the way over. turned out to be a bad alt, and since he was closer to my place, i just towed him here, since i was positive i had another alt. turns out i didn't have the right one, and by then i was running late to get to my Mother's for dinner & to get my kids (she had them for the weekend, since it was the wife & i's anniversary today). so i ended up towing his truck over to my Mother's-with him tagging along-and then over to his place after.

round trip was around 3 1/2 hours of driving.

and the wife wonders why some of my projects/tasks never seem to get done.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:32 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

just for a little idea of a nice deep burgundy (i would rather call mine burgundy than burnt cherry metallic) i saw this little beauty today when i went to my football game. i'm a middle school coach.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:51 PM
BF Guru

nice. but darker.

kinda in the neighbourhood of a black cherry.

Old 09-20-2010, 02:24 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Happy aniversary Chris.

Old 09-20-2010, 06:00 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by pj5454302
Take that benedict!!! you may have a sun roof and more KC's than me but my lights are brighter!!!
oh man everyone is trying to get brighter lights than me these days... really good deal thou...

Old 09-20-2010, 02:18 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

I got some new pics posted in my build thread. Also I've got the new parts for my engine and a 3 inch body lift kit. So there should be some good stuff come next weekend.

Old 09-20-2010, 05:37 PM
bulwaagh is on a distinguished road

Did rotors and pads. Shouldn't have taken long but every damn bolt was seized real good. After I got everything off, the front pads had at least, 1/2" of material . I expected worse after 90,000 miles on the original pads. Oh well, they were wearing a bit uneven, so I guess it was a good thing.

Old 09-20-2010, 10:56 PM
nit8690 is on a distinguished road

Well the transmission wen tout on my truck like a moth ago. had aamco fix it cause I just dont know that much about transmissions. Well today was the 500 mile check for it. they said it is looking good which makes me happy, now I just gotta save up so I can get the climate control fworking right. winter is getting here and my defrost aint working that great.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?