General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 10:14 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 96Blazernut
It's made of aluminum not gold LOL I agree its a bit on the pricey side.
that's the understatement of the year!

Originally Posted by ABN31B
I may use some of the excess to armor up the transmission
that's what i'm gonna do next.

since my last "play toy" was my '92 jimmy, and it was stick, i was never concered about crap bouncing off the trans (i put a few battle scars in all of the trans i put in it). but the first time i played good 'n hard with my '98, that was the first thing i thought of when i saw the scraps on the bottom of the trany pan, "why the hell didn't they put one here on this truck!?!" then i realized that my '92 didn't have one, and why.

so now i'm searching through my stock for a piece of steel thick enough for the trans pan. that's right, i said steel, i want REAL armour for that thing. it's too dangerous to have it ripped open while far away from help, or *** deep in mud. i just cringe thinking aboutthat one!

Old 11-08-2009, 10:15 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

today i cleaned it really good, put in my winter floor mats, taped up may capacitor (blinks blue and was kinda heat score) and best of all PUT ON MY BLAZERFORUM.COM STICKERS!!! they look great and i do have pictures but they are on my GFs camera and she went home.

PS ChevyBlazerChick, i found pink caliper/engine (i cant remember) paint at my local performance shop. One can and didn't really realize till right now that you were looking for it. its this stuff, its more pink in person.
http://www.amazon.com/VHT-SP756-Engi...7740089&sr=8-2

Old 11-08-2009, 10:32 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

so... why are you rocking pink paint ?

Old 11-08-2009, 10:58 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

hey Curtis, what's with all the blocked pic's you're tossing up here lately?

Old 11-08-2009, 11:07 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

they get blocked? is that why my sawzalls are gone? i guess i should draw back on the old smiley posting then
*to whom ever has to clean up after me* i appologize for overstepping my bounds. I will clean it up

Old 11-09-2009, 08:44 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Changed the transfer case fluid in my Rainier last night. Was a pretty easy job. Old fluid didn't look too bad, but was quite a bit darker than the new fluid. It looked almost green compared with the new blue Autotrac II fluid. Hopefully this will cure the slip/grab symptoms I was having.

The K5 is all buttoned back up after a cooling system R&R. Replaced the thermostat, water pump, and flushed everything out. Now I need to get a good fan shroud on it (or efans). The 3" BL pushed the fan way out of alignment with the factory shroud.

I was back out in the woods with it yesterday to check tree stands again and to clean up some downed trees that I was unprepared for the first time I was down.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:02 AM
blazerguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

sat looked and wished my LED's for my HVACS had come in

Old 11-09-2009, 02:18 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Thanks guys!!! I'm pretty excited.

Originally Posted by okvortec

Congrats Kayla!!!! Boy or Girl?
Not sure yet. Haven't had a Doc appointment yet. And I'm not far enough along yet to find out.

Old 11-09-2009, 02:40 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

haha, im not rockin pink paint, yea right. i just remeber she was looking for some. i just happened to see some at the shop when i was looking for nite-shades.

Old 11-09-2009, 02:51 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I looked at my Blazer sitting in the driveway. Wishing it was payday so I could pick up some more undercoating to get the tow hooks and wheel wells done so that Ian and lorton will get off my back about the rusty tow hooks lol.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?