General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 06:34 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Figured out that the smoke I've been seeing out the back of the truck is most definitely trans fluid leaking on the exhaust.

Old 06-03-2011, 06:50 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
if i had that kind of shop id trow some lifts in there =P
My plan is to have one 2 post lift at some point. The layout I am currently working with has 14' ceilings and a 15x15 lofted area in the back corner; storage up top, area for a milling machine, lathe, and work benches down below (close lighting for detail work). The lift would go off to the side of this on the 30' side leaving room for 2-3 more cars along the 50' side. Depending on when I get this done, I might be stealing a 1 ton 25' span jib crane from my dad to install on the initial build. We bought it off my old employer for scrap value (~$250).

Old 06-03-2011, 04:58 PM
Carrico4 is on a distinguished road

Well you guys, my girl didn't want to roar to lift this morning. You know why? Bad fuel pump! WTF is that! No sign no warning, just bam! I have spent over $1000 this week, got me some shoes, paid the rent, and bought an almost $300 fuel pump and fuel pressure tester. Missed a whole day of work because my bro-inlaw helps me with my truck stuff. However, at least it wasn't something that cost me a thousand dollars. I woulda definitely sold her. )

Old 06-03-2011, 10:17 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by TheRandom1
Figured out that the smoke I've been seeing out the back of the truck is most definitely trans fluid leaking on the exhaust.
Yea I got that same problem I need to replace my trans seal for now im going to keep checking my trans fluid intill I get all the other problems fixed

Old 06-03-2011, 10:25 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

If I just drive to and from work (9 miles each way) I am going through about 2 qts a week. If I drive any more than that it starts pouring out pretty bad. Yesterday I could barely see behind me, and when I went to wash the truck, there was fluid spots all over the back today. I just hope it holds up till mid-July when I can afford to have the trans rebuilt.

Old 06-04-2011, 12:39 AM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

changed the oil and put the spare tire but under.

I dont like how it looks on the top.

i need a spare tire carrier.

i think im ready to drill some holes.

Old 06-04-2011, 03:19 PM
XtremeMarine is on a distinguished road

Moving back to daytona beach area in a few weeks. Getting out of the marines and going back to college. I have an 04 blazer xtreme and was looking for possible shows and upcoming spl competitions. Any help out?

Old 06-04-2011, 05:53 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

ordered the intake manifold kit from rock auto (the felpro - stl reinf) put my plates on my mustang

and put the blazer out to pasture till the kit comes.
i am doing the intake, and seals on front diff. and some minor cosmetic / maintenance things this summer....paint frame and such.

i cant risk driving her anymore till i fix these problems.
not to fear i will not give up on her...230k miles and still strong...just needs a vacation for awhile.
needless to say i will be around, i might need some help/advice from my blazer family.

Old 06-04-2011, 06:35 PM
01vortec is an unknown quantity at this point

got the transmission filter changed today. should have left the filter seal in the trans, have a hell of a time removing the old one and then ruined the new one trying to get it pressed back in. Had to end up buying another filter kit for the little metal seal!. Got it all back together though. Much easier to do with lift access at work! Also getting fittings and what not together to install a transmission temp gauge.

Old 06-04-2011, 07:37 PM
blazerguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

i washed it for the first time in a long time. i found white paint under all that dirt and grime. but i also found a spot where my paint is peeling. gonna go get a quote to get it resprayed on monday. takin it out tonight to get some pictures

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?