General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 08:26 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

got my front pads changed today and the abs light stays off now but i still got that buzzing in the pedal when i brake so yea gotta figure out whats wrong

Old 07-01-2011, 08:44 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Check for codes even if the CEL isn't on. Pads I don't think will cause an ABS light, though they may cause it to activate. To have the ABS light on there will have to be an issue with the sensor in the bearing assembly or wiring, maybe the ABS module under the hood.
There was a posting about ABS under 5mph or something, search around for it, it may help.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:18 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerChick
"Lights? Horn? Something that looks like Cat Converters? Alright you're all set."
No catalytic converters on K5's in '74! They didn't even pull a wheel today. Just looked at the front pads through the rim.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:41 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by swartlkk
No catalytic converters on K5's in '74! They didn't even pull a wheel today. Just looked at the front pads through the rim.
lol, I love old trucks!

Old 07-02-2011, 07:18 AM
Beginning Member
kolbpilot is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by NuitariFD
My ABS light is on as well, does that only come on for brakes or what else could it be
Both my ABS & Check Engine light was on upon purchase. Both systems operating normal. I removed both bulbs. Tired of looking at them. I know some will frown upon this but a person can spend $100s trying to get the Check Engine light to go off & still not have any satisfaction. Supposedly with the ABS it's with the wheel sensors. Big deal, I can live without ABS.

Old 07-02-2011, 07:21 AM
Beginning Member
kolbpilot is on a distinguished road

Inspected the K5 today. Gotta like the 10 minute, $10 inspection!!
Hey, at least it's only $10. It's $16 here in Va., but I've been in & out in 10 minutes as well.

Old 07-02-2011, 07:30 AM
Starting Member
wheelhead4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by kolbpilot
Hey, at least it's only $10. It's $16 here in Va., but I've been in & out in 10 minutes as well.
Wow wish it was only 10 to 16 buck for an inspection here in MA. I paid 30 bucks an it was a 10 min job.

Old 07-02-2011, 08:08 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

tested my brakes today and no abs light any more yay me

Old 07-02-2011, 09:38 PM
racsan is on a distinguished road

Inspected the K5 today. Gotta like the 10 minute, $10 inspection!!
glad we dont have that crap here, yearly licence fees are bad enough. let alone a outsider having issues with a check engine light being on or a gutted converter. almost once a week i have to reset the orange light due to a evaporative emmisions issue. havent cured it yet, about to just take apart the dash and tape over the light.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:42 PM
97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about

Got my plugs, wires, cap and rotar changed. PITA PITA and bigger PITA lol. All AC Delco, runs smoother now. Also got my oil pan skid plate and my transfer case plate on.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?