General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 12:50 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

I took the blazer to harbor freight to get jack stands while they were still on sale.

I paid $12.99 for 3 ton heavy duty jack stands. Not a bad deal I thought.

Old 07-24-2011, 10:23 AM
red98grandamse is on a distinguished road

New front pass. wheelbearing. It was definitely needed.

Old 07-25-2011, 03:09 PM
Beginning Member
skllcndyfrk1217 is on a distinguished road

97 bravada New spark plugs. wires. oil change. removed pinstripes. tinted back light and front turn signals. Replaced floods in front and put some in back for towing. new wire harness for towing. Undercoated. new touchscreen radio with look speakers and kicker subs.

Last edited by skllcndyfrk1217; 07-25-2011 at 03:20 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:13 AM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road

took it out for a drive..glad i did..its been sitting so long the battery was on its way to draining and dying cause man...it started for crap and had such a rough idle ...debating if i can...let alone if i can afford new plugs...thinking that might be whats wrong with it starting...

Old 07-26-2011, 02:10 PM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road

so i finally did some thing....washed it...got it dryed and began waxing....got all of it waxed but alas the rain couldn't hold off another 10 mins...so didn't get to buff the hood, passanger side 1/4 panel or the 1st 1/3 of the roof...even took the hood deflector off and stashed it under the truck until the rain passes and i can finish lol....discovered a mouse took up residency by the throttle body cables in the engine...and really wish i had in-vent window visors...and wish i didn't let the ex bf texture spray paint the door protectors on...now that i pealed them off..there's sticky tacky crap every where i'll have to goo-gone..

killed the battery too...had the music playing..and it just crapped out after about 30 mins...luckily had the bf's jump pack....thats the best its sounded starting up since i bought it....and realized i'm not gonna be able to change the plugs...me n the bf had a hell of a time even just finding the 4 of 6 we can see....wonder how much the garage is gonna bend us over for changing them lol...probly gonna crawl under it to see what the ride height is too....wishing i had access to a hydraulic lift like i did a couple years ago when i did all this stuff to it in the first place..

Old 07-26-2011, 09:13 PM
racsan is on a distinguished road

pull the front tires off and change the plugs through the wheel wells. the middle plug on the drivers side will still be a pain (steering shaft goes right across it) but a little time, patience, and a spark plug socket with a wrench on it, do a search, its a common gripe. might as well put wires, cap & rotor on as well. i always anti-seize coat the threads when putting plugs back in. wish everyone did.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:32 AM
wills-07 is on a distinguished road

didnt do the work yet but set up a deal to get some 30 inch bfg mud terrains. awaiting to see how much trimming i am going to have to do. and possiible t bar tweak if i have too. i just cant pass up a good deal 300 bucks and they got 75% tread left cant wait

Old 07-27-2011, 11:21 PM
Beginning Member
cavecookie is on a distinguished road

bought mine yesterday. Towed it home and had just enought time before dark to diagnose a fuel problem.

Found out today that when the PO installed a new fuel pump, he didn't use 2 wrenches to tighten a connection at the tank. Put a twist in the rubber fuel line and kinked it. Runs good now. Gotta love those easy fixes. Now I find the speedo light is not lighting...guess that's the next project.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:29 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by cavecookie
bought mine yesterday. Towed it home and had just enought time before dark to diagnose a fuel problem.

Found out today that when the PO installed a new fuel pump, he didn't use 2 wrenches to tighten a connection at the tank. Put a twist in the rubber fuel line and kinked it. Runs good now. Gotta love those easy fixes. Now I find the speedo light is not lighting...guess that's the next project.

haha fun

any ways i cleaned the inside of mines today

my window motor project is next . time to order some parts !

Old 07-28-2011, 12:17 AM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Got an alarm system yesterday. Stereo tomorrow!

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?