General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 11:56 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Thogert
Maybe I should have specified which kind of exited I meant.

its ok i did know what you ment tho i was pulling legs

any ways i found a new emotion

Old 08-23-2011, 07:02 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Was just hassled by a cop for not having a front plate on my truck. Wasn't even pulled over, the dude was handing out fliers about railroad track safety now that school is back in session. Really dude? You're such a loser on the force that you're picked for that job and you're going to hassle me over something so stupid?

So now I either need to find another front valence to put on or find another mounting point.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:06 AM
Starting Member
9Blazer6 is on a distinguished road

I tried to do the DIY posi lok and failed miserably. I dont know what i did wrong but i got pissed and stopped and said screw it i might as well keep it original. So i just placed a bid on a new actuator and actuator bracket on ebay. wish me luck. Hopefully i can find the problem after i install these.

Old 08-23-2011, 01:40 PM
foxfanone is on a distinguished road

carb rebuild intake power steering pump/and gear box..... lines and belts now i just need to tune the carb uhg.....

Old 08-23-2011, 06:44 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about
Default "Is that dust?!"

On my way home from work today I had to drop off a box to ship to the states at UPS. Pulling out I see traffic & with construction the way it is I have a specific way home around all the congestion. So I decide to go to a different street to cut back to my quick route. DAMN am I glad I did! I pull up to a light & ask myself "is that dust I see swirling infront of the truck?" Been really dry lately, 100F today & windy I thought it was dust. Then I try to move forward a bit, nnnnope it barely moves so I back up quickly & turn down a side road & park it.
People have always said "DO NOT trust regular hose clamps on anything with pressure on your vehicle, they just don't stand up!"
I learned that today as the B&M Supercooler I installed Sunday for the transmission came with hose clamps & I used them. One line on the supercooler came off & it effectively drained the transmission in about 90 seconds! The same transmission I just spent $1800 getting rebuilt & upgraded.
As luck would have it (remember my choice of streets to go down because of traffic?!) there was Auto Parts Center 4 blocks away.
So That's what I've gotten done on my blazer today:
-crapped my pants
-walked 8 blocks to get 4 liters/quarts of ATF & some 3/8" fuel injection clamps
-make a funnel or just a V slide & pour all the ATF into the trans
-drive to Auto Parts Center & get 2 more liters/quarts & add another until I get the fluid back up to operating temp
-then check it again when I get home & top it off

The 3/8" fuel injection clamps are really good & apply pressure pretty much all around the hose - HIGHLY recommended especially for $0.75 ea. That's cheap insurance/assurance!

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-cooler-puke.jpg  

Last edited by Rottidog; 08-23-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:47 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Yikes! Glad you figured the problem out quickly... hopefully no damage was done.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:48 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Rottidog
On my way home from work today I had to drop off a box to ship to the states at UPS. Pulling out I see traffic & with construction the way it is I have a specific way home around all the congestion. So I decide to go to a different street to cut back to my quick route. DAMN am I glad I did! I pull up to a light & ask myself "is that dust I see swirling infront of the truck?" Been really dry lately, 100F today & windy I thought it was dust. Then I try to move forward a bit, nnnnope it barely moves so I back up quickly & turn down a side road & park it.
People have always said "DO NOT trust regular hose clamps on anything with pressure on your vehicle, they just don't stand up!"
I learned that today as the B&M Supercooler I installed Sunday for the transmission came with hose clamps & I used them. One line on the supercooler came off & it effectively drained the transmission in about 90 seconds! The same transmission I just spent $1800 getting rebuilt & upgraded.
As luck would have it (remember my choice of streets to go down because of traffic?!) there was Auto Parts Center 4 blocks away.
So That's what I've gotten done on my blazer today:
-crapped my pants
-walked 8 blocks to get 4 liters/quarts of ATF & some 3/8" fuel injection clamps
-make a funnel or just a V slide & pour all the ATF into the trans
-drive to Auto Parts Center & get 2 more liters/quarts & add another until I get the fluid back up to operating temp
-then check it again when I get home & top it off

The 3/8" fuel injection clamps are really good & apply pressure pretty much all around the hose - HIGHLY recommended especially for $0.75 ea. That's cheap insurance/assurance!

good thing your trans didn't blow =(

Old 08-23-2011, 06:50 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Yeah so am I lol. Oddly I didn't get excited or mad. I realized what had happened, thought about a tow truck for 1/3 second & then HEY Auto Parts Center is right over there. I've dealt with "Boots" there for awhile now.
The trans seems to be shifting well, no issues during the 30 mins I was on the road after that.

John - yeah it happened really quick & gladly I was stopped when I noticed it. I only drove it a perhaps couple hundred feet before I parked it. LONG lines of fluid behind me so it's safe to say judging by the width of them the E fans I have & the aluminum shroud I made work well. lol

<edit> I couldn't get the 2nd hose clamp off the supercooler because of the way it's facing but tomorrow after work I'm getting 2 more fuel injection clamps & replacing the other 3 hose clamps for damn sure!

Last edited by Rottidog; 08-23-2011 at 06:55 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:00 PM
Starting Member
chevyblazer9588 is on a distinguished road

Drove 32 miles from home to work then back home today.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:26 AM
Starting Member
9Blazer6 is on a distinguished road

Just ordered some aftermarket tails for the blazer. Never had them before so i figured they were cheap i'd give them a try. Post pics after install.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?