General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 10:08 PM
coolasice will become famous soon enough

New door pin on driver side lower... new fuel vent solenoid... got the bushings pressed into the used leafs I just got... now waiting on bolts and friday to come so I can get them installed....

Old 09-12-2011, 11:30 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Got "new" (junk yard) needles for my gauge cluster, arm rest as mine was broken and spongy, and several wedge twist lock bases so I can get leds in my dash. I'm going with green throughout the interior.
Which brings me to my next point. Anyone know what these bulb #s are?

They are the ones that light up the hvac controls.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:05 AM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Thogert
Got "new" (junk yard) needles for my gauge cluster, arm rest as mine was broken and spongy, and several wedge twist lock bases so I can get leds in my dash. I'm going with green throughout the interior.
Which brings me to my next point. Anyone know what these bulb #s are?

They are the ones that light up the hvac controls.
T5 or #74.

I recommend these:

2x T5 74 3-SMD SMT LED Green car bulb | eBay

Those bulbs will pull right out and these will slide right in. Cheers.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:15 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Ok thanks, I wasn't sure what they were.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:30 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Or if you're looking somewhere besides ebay, this site is always reputable.

Link

But usually you can't beat the deals on ebay like ranger posted.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:49 PM
BF Veteran

Yeah I've been buying stuff from ^them for awhile, I really like their stuff. I just wasn't sure on what bulb it was.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:16 AM
Starting Member
9Blazer6 is on a distinguished road

thogert make sure you take some pics of the process and post some final pics!

Old 09-14-2011, 07:24 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Drivin' the K5 while my Tahoe sits in the garage with a vacuum pump on the A/C. Looks like the RedEpoxY fix on the leaking rear line is holding quite well. I pulled it down to 30 microns and it held steady at 30 microns for 2 hours already. The pump is still pulling a good amount of moisture out of the system as evidenced by the foggy mist coming out of the pump outlet. Gonna let it sit on there all night to get it good and dried out.
Checked the air outlet temperatures last night and they were down at a chilly 51F with an outside temperature of 82F without the system in recirc mode! The $16 line fix with RedEpoXy is holding just fine!

Old 09-14-2011, 07:57 AM
litterbug will become famous soon enough

well yesterday i put the new diff cover on the k5. nice and shiny. only problem is i tried using the bolts it came with and i guess they are too long. cause i snapped one off... oh well. so i just used the old bolts. they looks just fine anyways. and i dont really care if one is snapped off. this truck is just my beater. filled it with a little less than two quarts of 75w90 gear oil and also bought the haynes service manual. now i know what i am actually doing!!!!

Old 09-14-2011, 09:05 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Well, I drove the blaze to autozone and it still is acting funny. Got an EGR gasket and once it cools down, I'll start trying to repair the blaze. I'm going to clean out the EGR valve and replace the gasket on it then clean out the IAC Valve and hopefully that'll get rid of my high rev problem. Yay! Lets hope!

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?