General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 09:32 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

bah! after mudding just let it cook for a good 2 weeks. after the rain takes the heavy stuff off, pressure wash it and then wash it. will cut down a good portion of your work. also, dont bother with the undercarriage. think of the mud slowly turning to contrete on your a arms as additional balancing weights and the stuff on top of the muffler like additional sound deadeners.

See? I just saved you all a lot of time!

BONUS: paint your truck mud brown (or mud red if you are in the south east) and then look at it as a fresh coat of wax each time you mud!

Old 12-17-2009, 09:53 AM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice lol

Old 12-17-2009, 10:19 AM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road

LOL thats aweful. lazy...let it cook for 2 weeks lol..if i go muddin..it gets washed top to bottom with in a week (since i never get a good enough coating) granted you couldn't see the green through the mud..then maybe i WOUKLD let it stay for ..a FEW days longer lol

Old 12-17-2009, 10:37 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

It's an unwritten rule of mudding that you have to leave it on the truck for a MINIMUM of 1 week before washing (unless the rain screws up the coating). I usually leave mine until the next time it rains, which in the summer can be a few weeks.
If there is one thing I learned about mud is that it gets into EVERYWHERE. Every little nook and cranny and crack on your truck will be full of mud, which is why it takes me 2-3 hours minimum to do a proper cleaning after mudding.

Old 12-17-2009, 12:36 PM
Banned

mhmmm lol, thats why my min is a week lol i have been known to let it go for a month (no rain yay) ppl tried telling me i'd wash away my paint with the mud after letting it sit that long....*ya can't bs a bs'er like THAT*

aside from that...i got done on the truck...well..crawled underneath TRIED measuring the stock shackles (they look to be about 6inches from top to bottomn)....checked tire tread, wear, depth, pressure...realized it feels like spring out side lol, and i ought to get those window trims to get practice in on before it REALLY does get here..and realized...that last car wash was a waste lol can't even tell i washed it..what else..

found yet more big rocks and pebbles in under some parts andddddddddd stood and stared ar her realizing the guy said her carfacts sheet was clean..i see evidence of 2 minor accidents..cracked and unbuckled rear bumper *left corner* and a different color paint over the front right fender.., and the rust spot thats starting to come through the paint..is indeed hollow...so probably rusted right through...no worries it'll all be taken care of when she gets her spring paint..might even go a shade darker or stay..not sure yet..have to see samples 1st.

Last edited by MuddBunny84; 12-17-2009 at 12:44 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:29 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sisk
60 min!? Wow, where and how do you clean your truck after mudding?
Everytime I go mudding and clean it up (usually a week later) it's AT LEAST a 2-3 hour job. Sometime a bit longer depending on if I wax or clean in inside or not.
i meant it was 1 1/2 hours of just pressure washing-no washing or wiping down after.

ya know, if my wife ever figures out the amount i spend @ the PW place, she'll give me so much s**t for not getting my washer fixed already!

Old 12-17-2009, 04:47 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

carfax is a load of crap IMHO. you could wreck the sh*t out of your car and as long as there is no insurance claims etc, there will be no carfax hits. say i back into my wife's explorer... and mash up her d side doors. so long as i replace them myself, you would never know. you could carfax all day long and there would be no way to know this ever happened.

Old 12-17-2009, 05:23 PM
Banned

thats what i figured...but hey..it was free..so it was nice to know that the guy did keep it up...he had recorded on paper..every time he did some thing to it..even signed and dated it...i called him before i bought it lol let him know much i liked it..*smacks head on desk* still shoulda held off anothe rmonth and got the big *** 4' lifted zr2 with 31's...woulda saved me ..or not..since they wanted 6g and only paid 3 for this one m'eh..oh well

but yah...carfax is as usefull as carflaps, or is it carmaps, or carfox, ..w/e the commercials say lol

Old 12-17-2009, 05:25 PM
Starting Member
taba5 is on a distinguished road

the last time i took my truck mudding, i was washing out mud for weeks, seriously!, mud in numerous places where i never thought mud could go..

I got my HID's in from HIDeXtra, 6000k and they are simply farking great!!!

passenger side is with the HID installed-driver side is my CEC 55w Diamond blue bulb

ill get more pics tonight

Old 12-17-2009, 05:31 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Well, I washed it yesterday, and it got rained on today.
Every FREAKING time!

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?