General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 07:19 PM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

Drove it home....drove around a bunch...getting ready for another long trip starting tomorrow. So i won't see my poor blaze for another week

Old 10-12-2011, 07:25 PM
litterbug will become famous soon enough

i ordered the brake hose for the rear brakes on the k5. me and my dad are going to make the rest of the lines today. i also ordered from rock auto!!!!

oh and i also got the other side of the interior trim cut up for the most part today. put some spark plug wire seperators and guides in the engine today. put a actual terminal clamp on the battery instead of the mini vice grips i had holding the negative terminal down.

also i put the gauge cluster back on. im thinking about seeing if i can take out the fuel gauge since its useless now with the fuel cell and putting a tach in there. also the oil pressure still is not functional due to the fact that its not hooked up...

i also wired some of the stereo together. i have one speaker wired up and it sound pretty good for a 20 some odd year old speaker. the seal around the large cone just shredded once i turned the volume up lol. those were 6x9s and i have a small box for some 4x4s that i will probably get some cheapos from walmart for like 20 bucks.

overall its coming together. i still need to do some tuning on the carb cause it likes to backfire alot if i give it too much gas. but i can definatly floor it and i can feel the secondaries kick in!!!! it give a little boost in power almost feels like hitting nitrous or a turbo lag or something!!!! lol anyways i am really happy with how this thing is turning out.

Old 10-12-2011, 07:27 PM
Starting Member
CenTexBiker is on a distinguished road

I found my leak. woohoo was the oil pressure sending unit

Old 10-12-2011, 07:29 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by CenTexBiker
I found my leak. woohoo was the oil pressure sending unit

WOW why didnt i think of that any ways glad you found it hehe

Old 10-12-2011, 07:44 PM
Little Roober is on a distinguished road

I didn't do it today, but over the weekend I bedlined my rockers, bumpers and grill. Including prep time it took 18 hours total ...but sooo worth it. Black on black looks amazing. Pics soon to follow in my build thread...If I can find it..

Also since last time I was in this thread, I changed my oil, topped off my diff fluid, added a little coolant, replaced drivers door pins and burned hundreds of dollars in gas. Oh, and bought a 4X4 sticker.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:57 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
I ordered the intake rubber i was talking about 4x4 cable and a switch for my rear lights since i got 2 wires in the cab atm haha

and removing the fender wells ? how much can they weigh ? =P
they only weigh about 8lb each. But it will also cool down the engine compartment too! I just wonder how much they make a difference when it comes to keeping the front clip stabilized.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:59 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by chris015
they only weigh about 8lb each. But it will also cool down the engine compartment too! I just wonder how much they make a difference when it comes to keeping the front clip stabilized.

lol i could picture your fenders falling off after you remove them

Old 10-12-2011, 10:08 PM
gojorg has a spectacular aura aboutgojorg has a spectacular aura about

Got my ball joints and tie rods replaced and a wheel alignment. Now she will be good for a few years or until I lift it and get bigger tires.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:32 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
lol i could picture your fenders falling off after you remove them
ugh...if they fall off im coming after your *** LOL. I dont think il remove em though. That means i have to take off the tires..and i hate tires...

Old 10-12-2011, 10:33 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by chris015
ugh...if they fall off im coming after your *** LOL. I dont think il remove em though. That means i have to take off the tires..and i hate tires...

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?