General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 05:58 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Wish I could wash my truck. It's -22C out though, so I don't see that working out too well

Old 12-17-2009, 06:54 PM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

I got my passenger side fender moved forward so it doesn't hit the door any more. And I also bought some add on weather sealer and sealed up the huge air leak on my drivers door.

Then I got sick

Old 12-17-2009, 07:57 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

wow. cruel world huh? seal you up from the cold, and get sick in the process!

Old 12-17-2009, 08:43 PM
Starting Member
taba5 is on a distinguished road

I need a level area of land with a wall so i can adjust/align my headlights...sadly enough my driveway is on a slant and my garage door is at the top of said slant.... me thinks my neighbors would not be so happy with me if i "borrowed" their garage door for headlight aiming lmao...

now a hunt for a nice muffler begins

Old 12-17-2009, 10:44 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

I used 1/4 tank snow drifting. I would have recorded it but I decided that I didn't need to put my memory card back in after I transfered pics. Bad idear! I also washed BEFORE drifting, also bad idear, but with the roads all slushy I just wanted the salt off.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:14 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

well...........it wasn't to my Blazer, but my youngest brother's '94 Jimmy. and i did all the work...........well, more along the lines of teaching him how to diagnos a stall/not starting issue, and fix a f**k up along the way. wasn't a bad pump, like he first thought it was.

1st: fixed the fuel lines that were ripped out when he changed the filter. are these lines purposely designed to rust & sieze on Canadian trucks?

2nd: checked the relay, and even swap them around to make sure it wasn't the problem.

3rd: checked the coil-good clean, bright spark. even swapped it with a known "good" spare.

4th: went & filled his truck after everything checked out ok. of course, now that the tank is full of fuel, it decides it's not gonna start.......nice. checked for spark............none. swapped back the original coil back on, fired right up (but figured simply touching the coil wire, would cause it to start back up). took it straight back to his place. once it was parked in the driveway, shut it off, and it wouldn't restart. my original thought was right-ignition module.

sure enough, put in a new one tonight, no more issues so far (about 3 hours of running & stopping).

now he's more informed of the fun times had by all Blazer/Jimmy owner's!

Old 12-18-2009, 04:20 PM
blajeans is on a distinguished road

Today I bought 3 new driving lights to my Blazer.
3 LightForce Blitz 240 was my choice and I hope I got the time to mount them before christmas.

Old 12-18-2009, 05:40 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by blajeans
Today I bought 3 new driving lights to my Blazer.
3 LightForce Blitz 240 was my choice and I hope I got the time to mount them before christmas.
Pics will be required!!

Old 12-18-2009, 06:43 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

i put another $58 in fuel in it today. funny, i thought i did that yesterday too!

Old 12-18-2009, 10:25 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Hit the Junk Yard after work. No ZR2's to rob for tranny armor or flares. ALL of the tahoes had their tow hooks snaked (WTF?) and the only 98+ was a white Jimmy with NOthing past the fire wall!!

That being said, I got so neateo little cosmetic crap, and ripped apart a jimm'ys rocker pannels to see just how they ar mounted in case i want to get a full set and Bed Line them......

Will be doing something tomorrow: Wife's ball Joints, Dad's Snowmobiles, or my trail light/splash guards.... we shall see

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?