General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Starting Member
chevyblazer9588 is on a distinguished road

Went to AutoZone to buy a Failsafe Thermostat, Duralast By Felpro/Thermostat Gasket, Duralast By Felpro/Thermostat Gasket (Water Outlet Gasket), and 2 AutoZone 50/50 Pre-Dilute Antifreeze & Coolant for $40.58. Put a thermostat in my 1995 Chevrolet S10 Blazer today because I had no heat. Found out why I didn't have heat because there wasn't one in it. The pervious owner I brought it from didn't put one in there. Wasn't a smart move at all from him . Got alot better heat blowing now . Went to gas station and put $37.22 in gas and a bottle of Heet in the gas tank. My paycheck don't last long at all but oh well that just part of life.

Old 12-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Beginning Member
alloy is on a distinguished road

Went to 3 different wrecking yards today. Didn't find much, but on the way home got a P0101 code. So stopped and got some spray to clean the mass airflow sensor. The code doesn't come up on a short drive, just a longer drive. Odd it doesn't come up all the time.

Old 12-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Beginning Member
kolbpilot is on a distinguished road
Default all I can get

Removed clutch fan today. The last thing I can think of what to do to try & get better mileage. I've tracked it for a year now & 18 mpg or a little better is about the best I can do city. Sometimes it's worse. This is with a 2wd, 4 door, auto., 3660 lbs.(empty), 3:08 rear end, tires at 34 psi., no A/C. One day I'll see what this thing will do highway but I expect 1 mpg or a little better from removing the fan. Quite the heavy lump. I expect cooling issues to be minimal, none in Winter. '97 Blazer 212k.

Old 12-11-2011, 05:35 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

got my neg cable put in

turns out i still got the clicking problem

Im pointing at the ignition switch now .. Im going to have to live with it a few more months

these cold days dont help either

Old 12-11-2011, 08:09 PM
racsan is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by kolbpilot
Removed clutch fan today. The last thing I can think of what to do to try & get better mileage. I've tracked it for a year now & 18 mpg or a little better is about the best I can do city. Sometimes it's worse. This is with a 2wd, 4 door, auto., 3660 lbs.(empty), 3:08 rear end, tires at 34 psi., no A/C. One day I'll see what this thing will do highway but I expect 1 mpg or a little better from removing the fan. Quite the heavy lump. I expect cooling issues to be minimal, none in Winter. '97 Blazer 212k.
it might not do much better, my '97 will get 17-18 city, 22-23 highway. mine wieghs in somewhere about 5,000 pounds, has 4x4, a/c,3.42 gears. i have about 188K miles on mine. if your in a location that sees snow, you may run into "winter blend" fuel, its not quite as effeceint, plus you have a longer warm-up time and your engine isnt very effeicent when cold, plus all the fluids when cold have more resistance. mpg's in the winter due to these facts are not surprizingly lower. i quit checking my milage when it gets cold out. considering the miles on your vehicle i think yours is doing pretty reasonable. granted if your far enough south that you dont see snow, most of what ive said is pointless to you, but given that you mentioned cooling issues "none in winter", i expect it must get somewhat cooler where you are.

Old 12-12-2011, 03:46 PM
420Blazin4X4 is on a distinguished road

Installed the interior chrome driver and passenger door envoy handles. Along with Pioneer 6.5 inch 3 way 220 watts speakers in the front doors...Have a set of Pioneer 6.5 3 way 180 watt speakers to put into the rear doors tonight...trying to locate a set of the chrome rear interior handles also...

Old 12-12-2011, 07:29 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

So today a friend & I R/R the DS upper control arm woo hoooo!
The tear had gotten worse since Saturday driving from work to home & back to work today.

Here's a side by side comparison - YIKES!

& finally the new installed upper control arm

It drives straight now & if I let go of the wheel it doesn't want to make lane choice decissions for me anymore lol. I might have to hit a few good speed bumps on that side & see it it squares up the tire because it's a little in at the bottom. That or I'm used to seeing it like

Old 12-12-2011, 07:39 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Holy Jeebus man... another couple days and that sucker would have ripped right off!

Old 12-12-2011, 08:29 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by TheRandom1
Holy Jeebus man... another couple days and that sucker would have ripped right off!
Eeeyup, ripped off &/or a catastrophic failure IE: tire into the fenderwell at ??? speed. AND I drove it to the States last weekend!
Like I said before the amount of rust around the crack tells me it was bent before & straightened out. That just leads to metal fatigue & makes it weak. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did with the 32's on 10" wide rims & a T-bar twist.

Surprising when you look at the pics from Saturday as compared to today & I drove it only around 20 miles or so.

Old 12-12-2011, 08:34 PM
Beginning Member
Chris1600 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Rottidog
Be cool to see night pics.
Here are some night pics.
Low Beam then High Beam

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?